My Wife's Valentine's Day present.

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #1  

chh

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 596 , MF 4243, MF 1433V, D4H, D3C
Meet Roxy my wife's Valentine's Day present. Beats a dozen roses doesn't it?:D A 15 hand 20 year old palamino molly mule. Not very good pics, but all we have at the moment.

roxy_006.jpg

roxy_005_(2).jpg

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #2  
Meet Roxy my wife's Valentine's Day present. Beats a dozen roses doesn't it?

It would sure beat roses as far as I'm concerned, but not as far as my wife would be concerned.:D I don't think she'd go near a mule.

I guess I'm not a very romantic feller. I always told my wife I just couldn't see throwing money away on flowers that are good for nothing except to look at a few days, or maybe smell the flowers a few days. And I feel the same way about greeting cards.

So we've been married nearly 43 years and I can't even remember the last time I bought her any flowers, so this time I surprised her with a dozen roses.:D She's told everyone she's talked to on the phone about how surprised she was that I'd buy her flowers.:D

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #3  
Nice looking mule, I didn't know what a Molly mule was so I googled it, I was surprised to see they're selling for up to $5,000. Will your wife ride Roxy, what's her disposition? the mules that is.

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present.
My wife plans to ride her, she is a very sweet, mild mannered mule that seems to have been worked with a lot. We didn't pay very much for her, she hasn't been ridden or really cared for for the last year or so. She got a clean bill of health from a vet and we have a farrier coming next week to trim her hooves up. Then it will just be a matter of getting some weight back on her before she is really ridden much.

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #5  
Bird said:
It would sure beat roses as far as I'm concerned, but not as far as my wife would be concerned.
I'm in complete agreement on the flowers! Waste of money! Though she doesn't agree, of course! I wasn't able to be home last night and 2/14 is also her birthday. I made sure to take care of her in the morning before I left, I had a box with earings in one hand and one with a necklace in the other. Gotta keep 'em smiling as much as possible!
Back on topic, she'd love a mule, or most any other animal. I have to remind her that we don't have an empty stall when the subject comes up, makes me the bad guy.:rolleyes:

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #6  
Even though I get her stuff for them, the wife considers this just one of the "Made Up" holidays to bolster the retailers in business. She feels the same way about Mothers day as well, but the kids still get her something.

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #7  
chh said:
My wife plans to ride her, she is a very sweet, mild mannered mule that seems to have been worked with a lot. We didn't pay very much for her, she hasn't been ridden or really cared for for the last year or so. She got a clean bill of health from a vet and we have a farrier coming next week to trim her hooves up. Then it will just be a matter of getting some weight back on her before she is really ridden much.

By the picture of you walking her out of the trailer she looks very sweet and gentle and I'm sure she'll be grateful to live a better life in a caring home now, sounds like a win/win.

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present.
Just an update. Here she is getting a new saddle adjusted after a couple of weeks on feed and having her hoofs trimmed.

ride'm_high!_004.jpg

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #9  
chh said:
Just an update. Here she is getting a new saddle adjusted after a couple of weeks on feed and having her hoofs trimmed.

She's very fortunate to find such a good home. :cool: She looks great! :)

Don

/ My Wife's Valentine's Day present. #10  
She doesn't look thrilled to have the saddle on her back (strictly from a layman's perspective), but still looks very gentle, how is she taking to her new home?