My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time!

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #61  
PIF-300_a.jpg

If a physical fence is not on the cards, for whatever reason (including local ordinances) you should go with a wireless pet fence. I used one for years and the dogs learn their boundaries pretty quickly. The only thing it does not do is prevent intrusion on your property by other dogs that do not have a wireless collar.

Its not a 100% solution (does not protect your dogs from coyotes or other predators) but it will keep them contained.

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #62  
The posted speed limit is 55 Mph. The shift workers at the pressure treating plant a mile up the road tear down this highway at 100 mph at 5:30 PM. No police enforcement is why.

Sorry for the Dog.

So - This 100 MPH @ 5:30 - The thread has not addressed that yet....
Why is there no police presence? That speed is a freaking gold mine for a local police dept. A ticket for 45 MPH over the speed limit has got to be expensive. Why don't you call and advise the locals to setup a radar trap?
I don't mind folks a few miles over a posted speed limit but 45 mph over is just too much.

You call it a highway - is this a 2 lane country road, or a 4 lane divided highway?

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #63  
I have had neighbours that complained about "speeding" if my vehicle was "moving". Complained and were confrontational going 25mph. It is a 35mph zone and the kids of the complainant would do more than that on their UTV, but apparently that didn't count.

I worked as a marshal on rallys where competitors actually do 100 or 130mph on dirt roads, but there are not many dirt roads in MI where one would keep a vehicle on the road at 100mph due to the road conditions. I think the OP is exaggerating based on the emotional response. I have personally seen very few cases of people doing more than 70mph on dirt, of course that is dangerous too. Many of the local dirt roads have speed limits of 55mph but have turns that require slowing down to 40 or 35 or you will not make it. Unless there are dozens of single vehicle accidents on your road, it is more likely that your perception is that people are going fast. Try setting up a video camera so that it frames a particular section of road from the side and film yourself driving it at 55mph. Then look at the footage and determine how many seconds it takes to to pass between 2 reference points in the field of view. Now record some of the "speedsters" and measure the time it takes them to pass between the same points of reference. This will allow a fairly good estimate to be made of their speed. It will be a good check and balance for your own fact/emotion and confirm or refute the entire speeding charge. Now if the data shows that people are speeding, take the video to the police dept since they tend to work to evidence vs you being upset that your uncontained pet was killed.

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #64  
jix is in Canada and he's referring to KPH not MPH, I'm pretty sure.

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #65  
Tell wifey no dog number 3 until a fence is built or at least use the under ground fence.

I don't trust the under ground fence though. We had a dog that I nicknamed Lady because she was a Lady. Lady kept getting out of the electric fence and the wife could not figure out why. The battery kept going bad even though they were new. Eventually, Lady was seen running around the fence, close enough to have the collar tell Lady she was close to the fence, but not close enough to get shocked. Lady knew if she did this long enough the collar would stopped "talking" to her and then it was safe to cross the fence.....

Later,
Dan
We had one that was that smart also. She would sit just close enough to not get shocked , but close enough to run the battery down . Then she would walk out.

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #66  
I feel so frustrated and angry becoz there aint nothing I can do. Wife refuses to allow me to put the dog fence collar on her dog, says it is cruel...
Here's your problem.
You think there is nothing you can do.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a symptom of a mental disorder called "nerosis". Google it!
If you or your wife is mentally disabled then you should seek help elsewhere. But if your not, then the solution to your dilemma is blatantly obvious.

Last edited:
   / My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #67  
How does a dog get kilt twiced?

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time!
How does a dog get kilt twiced?
my dear dear fellow TBNer: There were two dogs killed a couple of years apart. yes the property is dog fenced with buried wire, which really works on my golden doodle. My wifes little dog, Baxter, was a Shih Tzu. Wifey would not put the fence collar on him. "Too cruel", she said. She never listens.

BTW :::: wireless dog fence dog collars will not work if you have steel fence, steel buildings or a steel roof. Check it out at dogfencediy.com. if you are sceptical. I could explain why, but I will let you figger it out (hint wireless dog fence systems all use electromaqnetic (radio)waves.) Steel is magnetically permeable.to ground.

Some wives are sometimes opinionated... and stupid.

And heartbroken, but you cannot fix stupid. I am also heartbroken about little Baxter, And I warned her many, many times: She replied" Baxter will never go out on the Road.. He knows better".. Now she laments "it was my fault.." but she said the same thing when little Sophie was also killed on the same road three years ago for the same reason. Like I said, You can't fix stupid

Now my fellows, if you are going to reply, please read the thread first. Thank you---:talktothehand:

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time! #69  
Some wives are sometimes opinionated... and stupid.
....... but you cannot fix stupid.
....... Like I said, You can't fix stupid

I would REALLY like to reply to this - but ...... this thread will rapidly go sideways :)

/ My Wifes kittle dog killed by rural speeders For tghe second Time!
KiotiCowboy.... Yep... you are correct in what you have the gentility not to post..JUST AS WELL. I am not in the mood for counselling, But thanks anyway. Silence is golden.... smile.:grumpy: