Seeders My new Land Pride Over seeder

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #1  

DDT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040/cab, BX25D, RTVX900
Show and tell, I bought as new OS1572 with guage wheel drive. This will seed many yards and lawns with fesque but I also intend to make this thing seed brome and other seeds that I get asked many times to plant during the year.

Attachments

• 0312111110.jpg
    0312111110.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 0312111110a.jpg
    0312111110a.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 908
   / My new Land Pride Over seeder #2  
nice rig! I also appreciate keeping your money local for us Kansas guys by going with Land Pride. Nevermind that their stuff is top notch!

go KU

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #3  
Nice piece of equipment! :thumbsup: How much did that run you?

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #4  
Very very nice :thumbsup:

Can I borrow it? :D

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #5  
I have a 5 foot wide Befco Greenrite III seeder that is very similar to the Land Pride, that is over 10 years old. It runs off the rear sheep's foot-type roller instead of gauge wheels. It leaves a really nice looking seeded yard when done. I can only imagine that the Land Price does an equally fine job.

A couple of years ago I was thinking about trading up to the Land Pride in a 4 foot model so I could use it with one of my smaller tractors. The price quoted for the implement quickly disabused me of that notion. WOW, has machinery gotten expensive.

George

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #6  
Show and tell, I bought as new OS1572 with guage wheel drive. This will seed many yards and lawns with fesque but I also intend to make this thing seed brome and other seeds that I get asked many times to plant during the year.

DDT,

I have heard these overseeders have some issues. Please ship it to me without delay so that I can test it for you. Two, maybe three seasons, and I think I can get all the bugs worked out for ya. :D

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #7  
thats a fine looking seeder.

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder
I have had several Landpride seedeers over the years, 2 Primary, one 4' and one 6'. I think this is my 4th over seeder, this is my 1st 6 footer. In the past I would buy used ones and slowly rebuild them to near new condition, my last one even got a paint job at the body shop and all new decals then added small seed box. That was nice many times.
In the years planting seed these overseeders are the best I have seen in yeild numbers, the secrect is to add the slit seeder option. This drops all the seed into the cut slots only and the rear packer closes the soil. Now when you use the broadcast tubes the seed is planted onto the soil and in the cuts. If you straw the seed all the seeds grow, if you dont straw the only seeds that grow are in the rows. With the slit seeder there is very little seed not buryed under soil surface. Most folks I work for do not have sprinker system so they are not able to water several times a day since they work a day job to. With the seed under ground 1/4" or a little more the surface can be dry and at seed level the soil is still damp since it is protected from the sun, wind and birds. This way I use a smaller rate of seed and have a perfect looking lawn.
Yes these seeders are very expensive, even the used ones are worth a lot. But saveing half the seed is a large cost since I plant 1 to 2 ton per year. This type od seeder pays me back quicker than most other equipment I run. It does a fantastic job so I get many calls from word of mouth, they know what to expect.
These units last a long time, very durable and heavy.

I have use Landpride equipment since early 90s. I have bought cheaper brands at times but later when I could afford ot they where shot I replaced them with Landpride.
I even went to work for LP in 06 because I really like there equipment.....
All this has been my personal experiance over the years.
Thank You for the offers but I plan on using this one a long time.

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder #9  
I realize this is an old thread but do you use this slit seeder only to renovate existing grass or can it also be used on fresah ground that has been newly worked and has no grass planted on it yet? Any guesses how much the Landpride slit seeder retails for?

/ My new Land Pride Over seeder
I use it in no-till to worked soil and every trhing between...