My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!!

/ My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!!
Congratulations on your new tractor and as mentioned nicely equipped and implements. My L5740HSTC is set up pretty much like that, even put in an aftermarket air ride seat and it's been a great tractor.

Little did I know that optioning out my tractor wouldn't be the end of it...everyday I see an attachment or doodad online that looks like it would be useful. Some things I will get immediately e.g. Piranha Tooth Bar, whereas other things I will wait to see if I really need them.

/ My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!! #12  
Little did I know that optioning out my tractor wouldn't be the end of it...everyday I see an attachment or doodad online that looks like it would be useful. Some things I will get immediately e.g. Piranha Tooth Bar, whereas other things I will wait to see if I really need them.

Same here and I've owned tractors a long time. After I bought my last new tractor, I've bought two grapples, new box scraper, pallet forks and tree puller and I'm sure I'm not finished.

Same here and I've owned tractors a long time. After I bought my last new tractor, I've bought two grapples, new box scraper, pallet forks and tree puller and I'm sure I'm not finished.

A grapple (Everything Attachments) is at the top of my list (actually ahead of the Piranha Bar I mentioned). That is going to get more immediate use than just about any other attachment.

/ My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!! #14  
Congrats! But it just doesn't look right without mud on it!:laughing:

BTW...I received this with the tractor although I don't remember ordering it...I think it is a clevis hitch. What application would I use this for? I ordered a swinging drawbar so not certain where I would use this.

Attachments

• IMG_0624 (1).jpg
    IMG_0624 (1).jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 175
Congrats! But it just doesn't look right without mud on it!:laughing:

Right!!! It is so pretty right now but I DID buy it to be a work, not a show, horse.

/ My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!! #17  
It's a Hammer Strap. The Hammer Strap bolts to your existing drawbar on top. This creates a double pull drawbar. Use a hitch pin long enough to drop thru both pieces.

Purpose is generally for heavy tillage tools or hard to pull attachments. I use one on my M9540 so I can pull my 5 yard clamshell scraper with a Pintle hitch.

I made mine. Dug thru my pics but don't have one. Can't find a pic of the Pintle hitch on my scraper either.

If you Google "Hammer Strap". You'll find all kinds of info.

I have no clue why they sold you one. For your uses, I'd probably take it back. I'm guessing you paid $225 for it??

I use a pull type rotary cutter on our M8540, if I wanted to use it on my 5740, I'd use it to adjust the attachment on my existing draw bar to compensate for the lower hitch height. Now that may not be the purpose, but that's what I would use it for, just like on a pickup.

I had thought about that as I couldn't really think of anything else it could be used for. It wasn't an expensive part but is most likely something that will sit on the shelf unused for many years.

/ My New Kubota L4060HST is Here!!! #19  
I had thought about that as I couldn't really think of anything else it could be used for. It wasn't an expensive part but is most likely something that will sit on the shelf unused for many years.

I was apparently wrong, see ovrszd post.

It's a Hammer Strap. The Hammer Strap bolts to your existing drawbar on top. This creates a double pull drawbar. Use a hitch pin long enough to drop thru both pieces.

Purpose is generally for heavy tillage tools or hard to pull attachments. I use one on my M9540 so I can pull my 5 yard clamshell scraper with a Pintle hitch.

I made mine. Dug thru my pics but don't have one. Can't find a pic of the Pintle hitch on my scraper either.

If you Google "Hammer Strap". You'll find all kinds of info.

I have no clue why they sold you one. For your uses, I'd probably take it back. I'm guessing you paid $225 for it??

Excellent info...thanks! As it turns out, with overall discount on tractor and attachments I paid about $58 for it.