My mom passed today.

/ My mom passed today. #21  
My sympathies, at least she left while you where by her side, but it doesn't make it easier...
My thoughts as well. I was able to be with my dad when he passed. I got a call about my mom passing just as I was driving in to see her.

It is a blessing to be able to be with them.šŸ˜¢

Iā€™m sure she is well on her way to heaven gsganzeršŸ™

/ My mom passed today. #22  
May she RIP....

/ My mom passed today. #23  
Condolences to you and yours.

/ My mom passed today. #24  
Sorry for your loss. Prayers to the family.

/ My mom passed today. #25  
My prayers and sympathies to you and your family. I, like you, was blessed to be holding my mother's hand when she passed. It was hard...ten years ago in August...I still miss her, as you will your mother.

/ My mom passed today. #26  
May her memory be a blessing.

/ My mom passed today.
Here's the obituary that was sent out. It's ironic that the day after she passed, I was on my way to a job in Poland, connecting through London. It's almost like I was touching foot in her old country, just to say a final goodbye for her. She was always as warm as the sunshine and as tough as a Scottish thistle. My mom had some great stories of her childhood and I'll cherish remembering her telling every one of them.

I'll travel home from Poland next weekend and then head to MA for her service and burial.

Margaret ā€œSallyā€ Smith passed away at home with her family by her side.

Sally was born and raised on the Clyde River in Scotland along with her brother Robert (Bob) Inglis (deceased). She cherished and shared many memories from her happy childhood, including the story of townsfolk giving her the canary from the engine room of a captured German submarine during WW2, to raise as a pet. Or greeting incoming allied troops from the railway embankment, as the GIā€™s threw candy and treats to her and her friends as they rolled past on their way to war. She always reflected warmly on her upbringing, due to the love and caring of her parents Joseph and Margaret Inglis, traits that became instilled in her. Post-war, she went on to visit her school age pen-pals in France and Germany, where her love of traveling and adventure blossomed.

Sally passed the British civil service exam and at the age of 17, began her adventures as an adult. First being stationed at the British foreign office in London, later serving in Paris and eventually serving at the United Nations in NY. We always joked that she might have been secret agent 006 Ā½ .

She married John ā€œJackā€ Smith (deceased) from Pawtucket, RI, before settling down in Auburn, MA. There she first worked at the Auburn Public Library as a librarian, while attending school at night, to complete a degree in early child development. She went on to become the director of the Tom Thumb Preschool at the former St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Auburn. Her kindness and generosity are fondly remembered by her former students, parents, and staff. Sally had a beaming smile and caring resolve to overcome any problem with determination, compassion, and humility. A trait from her austere Scottish upbringing.

Jack and Sally had a small loving family, including son Robert Smith (deceased) of Auburn, his wife Shirleyann (Stebbins) Smith of Auburn, grandson Robert Smith Jr. (Deceased) of Worcester, granddaughter Alyssa Smith, Auburn. Their second son Gordon Smith, his wife Shellie (Kammer) Smith and granddaughters Kaylie Smith and Lydia Smith, all of Denton, TX.

Sallyā€™s legacy of her warm smile and chipper demeanor, combined with her Scottish determination and compassion, will be cherished by all that she touched.