My Mahindra Experience

/ My Mahindra Experience #11  
I've put my Mahindra through 200 hours of everything you can imagine and it hasn't let me down.
I too believe you have a dealer issue!
When I ordered my tractor I did not pay or sign anything until the tractor was here and I went over it. I don't think there is anything wrong with Mahindra or Bradco! No matter what you buy if a theif, liar, or idiot service it you're gonna have problems.
Don't give up on Mahindra, call everybody you can and complain, not just about the problems with the tractor, but the trouble you've had with the dealer.

/ My Mahindra Experience #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't give up on Mahindra, call everybody you can and complain, not just about the problems with the tractor, but the trouble you've had with the dealer. )</font>

I agree!!
Sounds like his dealer would make an excellant bungee cord salesman, but he is not worth a spit as a tractor dealer !!

/ My Mahindra Experience #13  
I've read this post ,and can only say that I believe your dealer is jerking you .Contact Mahindra directly !

/ My Mahindra Experience #14  
Cameron,

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sounds like the dealer is at fault, not the tractor. You are not the first man to suffer a foolish dealer. I think a lot of brands may have their share of marginal representatives. Change dealers or change tractors soon. Talk to friends or other farmers in your area to determine who is worthy of your business.

I had a similar experience a couple of months back with an AGCO tractor. Dealer would not fix faults and the customer service rep did not offer to help. He just asked me not to trade away from his brand. I wrote a letter to AGCO and to date have not received a response. I decided to trade away my problem.

Yes, I lost money when I got rid of a new tractor by trading. But I cut my losses fast and got back to work. I haven't looked back.

Dave

/ My Mahindra Experience
Yesterday I contacted Mahindra and spoke to a very pleasant man named Ashish, in charge of operations. He put me in contact with Harvey Brock, the field rep for this area.
Mr. Brock was flabbergasted. He assured me that everything would be made right and that my tractor shouldn't have to be held together by a handful of bungee cords. He also related to me serveral stories.
1. Mahindra apparently had a few alternator failures on their tractors. What did they do? They replaced every alternator on every tractor that they had sold. Very commendable.
2. One gentleman in my town had an engine failure because of some machining screw-up at the factory. What did Mahindra do? Instead of replacing the engine, they gave him a new tractor. Unbelievable, but true.
He said he would come up and settle any problem with tractor that I had. He also referred me to Mr. Tony Trotter.
Mr. Trotter is one of the "Lords of Mahindra", in charge of dealers. He hath the power to giveth and he hath the power to taketh away. He was taken aback by my story also. He said if he had to, he would personally come up here himself and straighten things out. He assured me he would, "get to the bottom of this."
Both of these men treated me courteously and professionally. They appear to be very customer and service oriented.
My sense was that both of these men are deeply committed to and believe in Mahindra.
I feel better already.
I will keep this board posted on the outcome.
Thank-you. If it hadn't been for your wisdom I may have made some hasty and regretable mistakes.
Cameron

/ My Mahindra Experience #16  
good for you dude. See, the company sometimes does care. Dealers can be good and bad, this one was bad, but at least the reps stood behind it. Hopefully it all works out.

/ My Mahindra Experience #17  
Glad to hear you talked to people of importance and they give a shat. All the problems you mentioned should be fixable and not be long term problems. Do keep us posted.

/ My Mahindra Experience #18  
It makes me really happy to read this, not you having the problem, but the resolution to it. Mahindra has been floating near the top of my list of tractors to buy. The whole parts and support thing had me worried though. I like the dealer who has the Mahindras, but it still was a Mahindra. in a word around here, Mahindra who????

If they are willing to support their tractor, then it just bumped to the top of my list.

Let us know how the problem is resolved. And, if you find out, does the dealer stay as a Mahindra dealer?

/ My Mahindra Experience #19  
It's good to hear you talked to Harvey. He is very proud of Mahindra and works VERY hard to solve problems like this. You are in very good hands.

/ My Mahindra Experience
Update.
Early this morning Gene, Jock's main man showed up at my door. Gene is a "salt of the earth" kind of guy. He has always treated me well and never said anything derogatory about my tractor or Mahindra. When I bent the hydraulic line elbow he dropped everything and ordered it. I had it the next day.
He wanted to know what was going on. Jock had left for two weeks, which he had been told nothing about, and left him holding the bag. He hadn't talked to Jock and had found out "that I was trying to run Jock's business into the ground" from one of his employees. I told him my story and he couldn't believe it. He had also been told the backhoe would come with an external pump. He hadn't been involved in this in any way. He wanted know if there was anything he could do and that he knew that Harvey was coming and would straighten it out. Gene also told me he would be leaving Jock's soon and the reasons, which are not my place to relate. Gene should be running the Mahindra end of Jock's business, he's a good man.
Harvey drove up from southern PA Tuesday night and called me early Wednesday morning from about one hundred miles away and let me know that the driveshaft had fallen out of his '03 Dodge truck and he was stuck. This was the 4th or 5th time this had happened to him and he would be at my house asap.
Harvey was here at eleven this morning. Harvey is what I would describe as a "good ole boy", Jeff Foxworthy would be proud of him. The only thing missing from his attire was a mouth full of tabackee.
One look at my tractor and Harvey knew exactly what was wrong and what had to be done. He would order everything I needed and he would go to Jock's and see Gene and go over everything.
Harvey also took the time with me and went over all the important aspects of my tractor and many do's and don'ts. He answered all of my questions truthfully.
I was filled with confidence to know that the 3510 was the same tractor he owned!
With men like this behind it, I believe, Mahindra is here to stay.
Also, the engine problem that I mentioned on earlier post was actually a starter problem, it seems that the bolt holes had been drilled wrong and it kept eating starters. I saw this tractor and it had been well worked already and they still replaced the whole tractor.
He had heard nothing about drawbars being ripped off.
He gave me advice for installing a skid plate and I will fabricate one this winter.
If you have any mechanical questions, Harvey is the man. I was impressed with his honesty and candore. I agree wholeheartedly with rback33's post.
I didn't intend for this post to become a saga, but I think it is important that people see how a reputable company handles a problem. From beginning to end.
I will keep you posted.
Thank-you again for holding my hand, I have learned much from this experience.
Cameron