My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,661  
Why did you build the A frame when you have a barn for them already?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,662  
Why did you build the A frame when you have a barn for them already?

I can move it around (and build a few more) and put them across the road in a different paddock. Eventually, when the dog is big enough and has grown into her role, I won’t have to bring them back to the barn every night. I have a large field on the other side of the creek that I plan to start using with the goats and once I get 5 or 10 more, moving them every night would become too much.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,663  
Are the paddocks not connected to the fenced in area where their barn is? I guess that's where I'm confused.

#4,664  
Where we are currently moving them is connected but we want to get them across the road on a big hill, to attack some of the brush over there and help us get a handle on the undergrowth. Our driveway runs right between the two areas. We also have some larger field area where we can start moving them next year when we have more goats. That area is 1/4 mile away so getting them there will be an incremental process. I’ll probably build a larger lean-to over there, as well as some more Aframes.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,665  
"I said I would have everything done by Christmas"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh that's a good one! Wait - did you say WHICH Xmas? :ROFLMAO:

The reality has to be "it'll get there when it gets there". Ya do the best you can but don't put pressure on yourself to hit deadlines that are just self imposed and otherwise not critical. You don't need the extra stress...

#4,667  
Computer went toes up and I had to try to rebuild from cloud backup. It didn’t go well and I lost about a Terobyte of footage. Day job has picked up pace as well so balance has been hard to achieve. Trying to get caught up.

#4,668  
Yesterday was going to be a tractor maintenance day. Jefanna was moving dirt with the Kiotilast week and after running it for 4 hours, she let me know the A/C has been blowing hot air”this whole time”? I went out to look at it yesterday and it wouldnt start. Battery was dead. Voltage read 9.6. I put it on a charger for about 5!hours and got it up to 12.6 resting volt although the charger still said it was 75%. This is the original battery and it’s nearly 8 years old. I am guessing that it has probably had a good run and I should be planning to replace it. There just happens to be two active threads right now about batteries so I’ve been thru those. I swear it seems like I am always buying batteries for these tractors and cars.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,669  
I ignored my two camper deep cell 6V units for about a year or last years vacation. I haven't had time to take a road trip this year. I have 2 small solar panels always keeping them up. I found them WAY below the plates and toast. Ouch. They were bought new in 2020. So now it will be check every couple months or kill the solar once in awhile.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #4,670  
my tractor has a dead battery also, but it is 12 years old and the original. I had to use the BX the other day to cover some conduits i'm installing.

Going to be down your way again friday for another train ride.