My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,671  
my tractor has a dead battery also, but it is 12 years old and the original. I had to use the BX the other day to cover some conduits i'm installing.

Going to be down your way again friday for another train ride.

I need to do that train ride sometime. Is there anything to do the other end? Like somewhere to go to lunch.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,672  
I need to do that train ride sometime. Is there anything to do the other end? Like somewhere to go to lunch.
The train ride includes dinner and is round trip with no stop other than the engine to change ends. This year we are doing Goshen to Staunton and return with a steam engine. Last Yr we did Staunton to Charlottesville and return thru the tunnel. We are riding another one tomorrow in WV. Still a little early for leaves though, we kind of misjudged when to go.

#4,673  
Work has been intense lately. I guess that’s why they pay me to do it. We bought hay not long after getting the goats. 23 square bales. We are nearly out of that batch so Sunday we bought 2 round bales of second cut hay. Good stuff, it looks like. He said “you couldnprobably put two more on top”. I see people doing that but I have no idea how. These were rocking back and forth on the way back.
IMG_0200.jpg

We are getting closer to winter but I dont want to focus too much on whats coming and miss all of this right now in the present. It was gorgeous this morning
IMG_0199.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,675  
It's interesting to see how your doing what I did. Start out with a few goats, build a small shelter, fence in an area for them, and buy some square bales.

That's exactly what I did. Then we got a few more goats, then a boy goat, and pretty soon we where selling baby goats and thinking we had it all under control. But we kept a few of the girl babies, and then a different boy, and all of a sudden, we went from ten goats to thirty, and it seemed like that went up to 60. I'm at 50 right now without a good way to handle them. I have people wanting to buy goats, but I can't catch them, or hold them for somebody to come get them.

We ran out of square bales real fast, so we tried round bales. That lasted a lot longer. We started out putting them on pallets and tarping them, but eventually, that was too much effort as we bought larger loads of round bales. Now they are lined up to keep water out of the ends of them, and as close to the gate as possible. I only buy round bales with netting since they sit out in the weather and the netting helps shed a little bit of the water. By Spring, about 4 to six inches of the outside part of the bale is ruined. I really need to build a hay barn to keep it dry, which will happen after I finish my fencing and build a bigger barn.

My biggest lesson with fencing has been to spend the money for the best fence possible. But even more important, is to remove every try that can damage your fence during a storm. I didn't learn the most important lesson, which is to have everything done before getting animals. Now I'm playing catch up and doing everything at least twice. I'd be better off just burning my money in a fire, but it is what it is.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,676  
Looking nice there!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,677  
Lots of hard work paying dividends. Nice spread

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,679  
We are on the mountain behind you right now

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 71
#4,680  
Nice. The leaves are gorgeous today. We were there in early november last year. I was told that we were doing. 4 mile hike. It was 12 miles. I was not prepared.