My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,001  
Nice time lapse. Yeah those take a lot of time to put together. I'm still amazed that you have time to do all these videos, work and build the place...(y)

Well I’m not bored.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,002  
I figured it would be easy until I started. But you end up wading thru countless hours of video and going thru the edit multiple times, cutting things down by a fraction of a second. My wife loves it and has played it a dozen times. I guess that’s good enough to justify most of the effort.
I often shoot Drone pics/videos. Construction projects or farming operations. I do it free. Enjoy flying very much. Absolutely, positively hate video editing...... That's why I have hours of video and thousands of pics that I haven't organized.... :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,003  
In regards to your road issues. I maintain 50 miles of gravel roads. Each area is different. And directly reflects the personality of those that live on them. Single set of tracks in the middle of the road with basketball sized potholes in the tracks. Residents will casually complain about them. When I say "why don't you drive 12 inches to the side of the potholes once in awhile?". They look at me like I'm an idiot..... :unsure:

Then the next road is well packed with no single set of tracks and no potholes. I make it a point to thank those people for helping me maintain their roads. :cool:

#3,004  
IMG_6293.jpg

I’m gonna keep working on the road till that frost has dried off the roof.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,005  
Could you give some contact information etc. for those snow guards. I could use some myself. Thanks

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,006  
I guess I'm a bit confused about the snow guards. To me, one of the biggest advantages of a standing seam roof is that they shed the snow load. I can see installing the guards to protect pipe penetrations, but why put them everywhere?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,007  
Cause you don’t want it all crashing down and doing damage. you want it to melt in place.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,008  

#3,009  
If it all comes down at once it can smash your windows out. Or kill someone.
We got all the guards on today as well as the support brackets for the Chimney.
Yanmars, it is from Stortz and Son. I used the Guardian Classic the Berger were back ordered. The ones I bought came in 2 days. And they ended up being much less than the Berger RT300

Of 135 guards that we installed we had one cross threaded set screw. The screw was damaged. But pulling another set screw for it worked fine so the guard was fine. I stripped one or two screws and my wife stripped about 5. That was all yesterday when we couldn’t get the torque wrenches to work and we were probably putting too much force, i think she also wasn’t conscientious about keeping the bit filly seated in the screw
I would buy them again.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,010  
One of those surprise expenses. I'm surprised the roofers didn't suggest them.