My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,401  
I like it and use it a lot. But it's time and money to lay it down, and you still have to be careful of what you are doing. I wouldnt install flooring and rely on it if I could just wait to do the flooring when everything else is done.
Ram Board is your friend !!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,402  
Never heard of ram board.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,403  
Ram board is what we had down on the floor for the foam to drip on. There is about 16 feet when I started where I didnt have it down and the urethane foam is in the concrete and doesn’t appear to be coming out. I have tried several cleaning products and nothing works do far.
Eddie, we are doing floors now because we are acid staining the concrete. I don’t want to do that after the drywall is up.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,404  
Listen to Eddie (also you were warned about the foam staining the concrete...). If that is your finished floor, what you should do is lay down Ramboard or masonite sheets, cover the floor wall to wall tightly - no gaps at seams, cut to fit, and then duct tape over all the seams. In fact you should have done that much earlier, especially before foaming, but that is in the past now. Don't finish the floor now!!! Cover and protect it.

Mine was covered with very heavy plastic (I think it was 8 or 10 mil) by the foam insulation crew and it stayed there on the concrete that was going to be stained until after drywall and painting was done, at which point the concrete stain was done. I did end up with a couple holes in it but nothing major and I patched things when I saw them come up. You have NO IDEA how much mud the drywallers will dump on that floor, and it will RUIN your finish. Trust me - they will make a gawdawful mess and will leave it to dry and you will have to scrape it off, and if your floor is finished it will trash it. You want to look at that the rest of your life knowing you could have avoided it?

You've talked about how inexperience had gotten you in a few cases, like the PEX line. You could have just laid down 2 PEX lines underslab instead of the white conduit/pipe and you would be already done. Live and learn. But when people tell you something like this - especially when they are standing up screaming it - use your head and listen to it.

Cover that floor tight and don't even THINK about taking it up until after drywall, paint and anything else major and messy is done.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,405  
Right now, the interior doors are not installed. There will not be a better time to get a good even application of the stain than now. Unless we had done this before doing any framing, which was suggested.
We will stain, seal, polish and cover in ram board from end to end. And then, when it’s done, if it’s scratched we will fix it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,406  
Listen to what the people are saying ! You will regret doing the floor now ! As mentioned....use ram boards, masonite sheets etc to protect what you have now. The drywall people will try their best to not slop the mud and dust but that doesn't happen. If you do the stain and sealant now you will be going crazy on not trying to damage it....save the worry and wait !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,407  
Ram board is what we had down on the floor for the foam to drip on. There is about 16 feet when I started where I didnt have it down and the urethane foam is in the concrete and doesn’t appear to be coming out. I have tried several cleaning products and nothing works do far.
Eddie, we are doing floors now because we are acid staining the concrete. I don’t want to do that after the drywall is up.
I don't see how the acid etching would bother drywall, we do a lot of polished concrete floors and always wait till the end.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,408  
Listen to what the people are saying ! You will regret doing the floor now ! As mentioned....use ram boards, masonite sheets etc to protect what you have now. The drywall people will try their best to not slop the mud and dust but that doesn't happen. If you do the stain and sealant now you will be going crazy on not trying to damage it....save the worry and wait !!
Drywall finishers are infamous for creating a huge mess. I don't let them out the door till 100% cleaned up.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,409  
WCD has been amazing with showing us his build - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. He has been very open to taking suggestions, and there are a few times when he has a determination about what he wants to do. I think this might be one of those times. I'm guessing someone is excited to see what that pretty floor is going to look like.

Things will work out - for better or worse, for richer for poorer ...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,410  
WCD has been amazing with showing us his build - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. He has been very open to taking suggestions, and there are a few times when he has a determination about what he wants to do. I think this might be one of those times. I'm guessing someone is excited to see what that pretty floor is going to look like.

Things will work out - for better or worse, for richer for poorer ...
My old boss used to tell his clients, If you're gonna make a mistake, let me help you...