My first problem

/ My first problem #1  

Guesseral

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841
Well I just had my first breakdown. It's not really a breakdown per say, the oil seal on the front drive shaft has gone bad. Right at the front of the transmission at the front drive shaft position where is a substantial leak. I purchased my tractor (4944) new last year its a 2009 model but it was a new last year model when I bought it so it came with the new unit 3 year warranty. I signed the paperwork on may 1st 2010 so I guess we (the owners who still have Montana warranty's) will find out just how good the warranty realy is. From the Montana web site they state that they are now a parts and warranty company only. I really hope they honor the warranys as they should. I figure it is part of the drive train sinse the leak is from out of the front of the trans, and I would think the trans is part of the drive train.

How about anyone else, anyone else have any problems with this seal leaking or any warranty issues with there tractors?

/ My first problem #2  
Guesseral
sorry to hear about this leak issue .. can you post a pic and possibly point to where ...so other can see & learn. A new tractor like yours should not be having leek issues!Best of luck W/ dealer/ warrany cl;aim
ak9

/ My first problem
No can't take a picture the tractor is at the dealers right now and that's an hour away. The leak is right at the front of the transmission where the front drive shaft goes into the transmission. If you look at the front axle and follow the front drive shaft back you can see where it enters the transmission. At the transmission end of the drive shaft the drive shaft goes into a steel tube that bolts to the front of the transmission the leak is right there where the center of this tube buts to the transmission. It's got to be a seal there really isn't anything else it could be........that is I hope!

/ My first problem
Well my tractor should be done this week according to the dealer. It is covered by the warranty thank goodness.