My favorite Sanding Disks

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #21  
I’ve never tried either one of these but thought about them when painting my old house.

• Only from Metabo: The problem solver for renovation work. Saves up to 70% of time when compared to conventional working methods
  • For the environmentally-friendly removal of paint and varnish even from wooden surfaces, such as stairs, doors and windows.
  • Suitable for processing untreated wood
  • Suitable for processing notches by virtue of lateral blades
  • Variably adjustable milling depth
  • Die cast aluminum gear housing for optimum heat dissipation and durability
  • Carbide reversible blade, can be used on four sides for a long service life
  • Extraction possibility by connecting an all-purpose vacuum cleaner
  • With metaBOX, the smart solution for transportation and storage

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #22  
From what I understand, Valspar owns Sherwin Williams. The Manager at Sherwin Williams told me that they the paint they sell at Lowes is cheaper then what they sell it for in their store, but it's the exact same paint. Since the Lockdown, I've been going to Kelly Moore instead of Sherwin Williams. They did not go so crazy with things, and they have not run out of paint like Sherwin Williams has. On my own home, I use Valspar paint. I think it's as good as anything else, but for a better price. My clients all want Sherwin Williams.
Maybe S-W has better account terms for painters than Lowe’s, I’m not sure. I do like that they keep a record of paint they mix for you and you can always get the same mix from any store.

I always liked Benny Moore paint the most but it was usually more expensive.

We have bought some paint at Kelly Moore but their store nearby closed down.

Someone told me long ago that S-W was more of a Real Estate company that sold paint. Their stores are all company owned and they have a lot of them in the US. Their stock was trading at over $700 when it split 3 for 1 last year. I think they also try to open up a strip center and anchor it with one of theirs when they open up new stores.

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #23  
For woodworking, I have switched to the 3M stuff---it is great.

I thought I would share this test that Jonathan Katz-Moses did using a robotic sander and 19 different types of sandpaper:

/ My favorite Sanding Disks
In Tyler Texas, I think that there are 5 Sherwin Williams stores all around the city. Tyler has around 100,000 people. I know some of the managers better then others, but I buy enough from them that I believe that they are being honest with me. I was told that if you get a color match from one store, to always go back to that same store to get the paint mixed. Each store calibrates their machines individually, so they are all slightly different. Same machine, but the person doing the calibration on the machine does it their way, and the person doing it at the other store does it their way.

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #25  
In Tyler Texas, I think that there are 5 Sherwin Williams stores all around the city. Tyler has around 100,000 people. I know some of the managers better then others, but I buy enough from them that I believe that they are being honest with me. I was told that if you get a color match from one store, to always go back to that same store to get the paint mixed. Each store calibrates their machines individually, so they are all slightly different. Same machine, but the person doing the calibration on the machine does it their way, and the person doing it at the other store does it their way.
My wife worked in the paint dept of a large hardware store. They carried 4 brands of paints and they discovered if different employee's calibrated the paint machines, they got different results. So they had the same person calibrate all the machines each week on Sunday's, which was the slowest 'paint' day of the week.

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #26  
I was going to suggest Klingspor, but I see that someone beat me to it. We used the 36 grit blue ones in the metal fab shop, they cut great and lasted; I would imagine that their wood line would be just as good a value.

/ My favorite Sanding Disks #27  
I clean my discs often with a rubber stick, I believe a dried out tube of silicon will do the same, removed from the tube of course, I just switch from orbital to rotary for best results.
This doubles my disc life, my discs are 6" with there unique hole pattern for Festool, I also have a Milwaukee 18v 5" but only have used 40 grit for smoothing out rough treated pine for painting.