My EHSS is giving me issues

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #1  

PeterbiltTim

Tractor
TC55DA
I Have a 2004 tc55da, 3years ago i needed a ehss module, replaced it for abot 400$, last year it went out again,
last year a new one cost 980$. Now a year later it's doing the same thing again, I called the dealer I bought from last year
and this year they want $1600 for an EHSS controller.
I don't have any idea whats causing them to go bad in the first place and or whether it can be replaced or updated to something
less intrusive on the pocket book, but his is getting rediculous.
Do any of you have any reasonable ideas or solutions?
Thanks for any suggesions.

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #2  
I Have a 2004 tc55da, 3years ago i needed a ehss module, replaced it for abot 400$, last year it went out again,
last year a new one cost 980$. Now a year later it's doing the same thing again, I called the dealer I bought from last year
and this year they want $1600 for an EHSS controller.
I don't have any idea whats causing them to go bad in the first place and or whether it can be replaced or updated to something
less intrusive on the pocket book, but his is getting rediculous.
Do any of you have any reasonable ideas or solutions?
Thanks for any suggesions.
What's a EHSS?

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #3  
Electro-Hydraulic Shuttle-Shift (EHSS)

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #4  
I have a TC55DA that was flawless for well over 15 years until I jump started a dead battery and "fried" the controller according to the mechanic. Perhaps you have an electronic issue with the alternator or wiring that is sending the wrong current through the system. I believe the dealer can run a diagnostic test instead of just replacing parts.

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #5  
I wonder if he ever got anything figured out ?

/ My EHSS is giving me issues #6  
That chit is ridiculous with the price gouging