My CT28V will not run right

/ My CT28V will not run right #1  

booboo7353

Tractor
Mccormick CT28V
I am having a problem with my mccormick ct28v. It will run at a slow idle for awhile but once the fuel is out of the clear plastic bulb on the side it will bogg down and die. I can fill the bulb back up with diesel and it will run until it is drained again. If i try to run at 2500RPM or PTO speed it will die even quicker. What is my problem? I dont have much knowledge with diesels. It only has 56 HRS on it. What is the clear bulb called? Is it my fuel filter? Or is that the golden shiny thing inline after the clear bulb thing?
ANy help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Ben

/ My CT28V will not run right #2  
The clear "bulb" as you put it is your fuel filter bowl/ water strainer. If that is getting emptied, it means the fuel flow from the tank to the filter is getting blocked.

I'd first trace the fuel line from the clear filter bowl back to the tank and look for any signs of pinching or kinking that could be restricting flow. If it's not pinched, there is something in the line or in-tank pump if there is one that is plugging things up.

Fuel quality could be an issue as well. I had this happen with my old Kubota when using fuel I had put in an emptied hydraulic oil drum that still had a tiny amount of fluid left that I couldn't drain. Every once and a while I'd get a little hydraulic fluid through in the fuel line that would block the line and cause the exact same issue you are having.

I could be more help as far as where to look if I had my tractor here (CTV28). It's at the dealer getting the clutch throw out bearing replaced. It started squealing bad at 12 hrs. That's Koyo's fault not McCormick's, but I hope it's not the beginning of a trend.

Besides this issue, how has your tractor been as far as reliability?

/ My CT28V will not run right
This is the first problem i have had out of the tractor. Thankfully. It is still upseting me because it is still so new. I have been trying to order parts from the only place in georgia and seems like they are givng me the run around. So you think i should just drain the tank and blow out the line and it should be better?

/ My CT28V will not run right #4  
We had a few tractors with plastic fillings in the tank. They got in the fuel line inlet, along with dirt and plugged the supply to the fuel filter of the tank. Does your tank have a filter screen under the fill cap?

/ My CT28V will not run right
Yes it has a filter and has never been taken out and its clean. Ok i just drained ny tank and noticed a lot of grit in the diesel. I took off my float gauge and whala the gauge is completly rusted out. Why do they make these out of metal and not plastic? I have not started it yet because i am waiting on my air compressor to blow out the line but i should have it by tonight. Anyone know how much a float gauge cost for this tractor? And does anyone have a schematicof the tractor or cross refrence numbers for the parts because the place i am dealing with sucks!!

/ My CT28V will not run right #6  
http://www.partsforlstractors.com/files/LSS_S_Serries_Parts.pdf

That rust I'd bet is from your tractor sitting on the lot with an empty fuel tank for a while. glad to hear you found the issue.

The above link is the parts manual form LS for the S series tractors, which is the same as the CTV28 as far as I can tell. The website that is on sells LS parts, and McCormick uses the same numbers as LS sans the LS prefix if what my dealer is telling me is correct.