My beloved Duramax needs help.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #51  
Final bragging post no weeping trucks starting and running very good To my surprise fender liner went in pretty easy with minimal muscle and no leftover fasteners which is always a bonus they are t15 stars if anyone goes this fender liner route which for me is way better to do it correctly with my backwoods skills or lack there of. Also did some research apologize can't find the haydudes cp4 post but in 2015-2016 Bosch supposedly upgraded to more durable components on subsequent later cp4 high pressure pumps to include housing, camshaft, roller tappets and gear pump. Per a non Bosch website and I couldn't find an actual gm service bulletin so take it how you want my subsequent reading also said adding extra lubrication to fuel which I call snake oil is a good practice among countless other suggestions. I'm selfishly relieved I'm not tapping into my fun money which will eventually be enough for my future two post lift. Than the overconfident, misadventures, and four letter words may be prevalent lol. Finally if anyone thinks a new truck is the answer comparably equipped duramax's would set me back a jaw dropping 65k this one was under 50k out the door. Again a Big thanks to everyone who contributed. something to quell my initially ridiculous worst case scenario.

That’s all? You sure about that?
New diesel trucks I’m seeing on dealer lots are north of 80K
90-100K not at all uncommon.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help.
That’s all? You sure about that?
New diesel trucks I’m seeing on dealer lots are north of 80K
90-100K not at all uncommon.
For a loaded top of the line truck, mine is not. Nor did I ever want that.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #53  
For a loaded top of the line truck, mine is not. Nor did I ever want that.
I’m seeing 80K on fairly basic trucks. Like plastic seats, crap tires, steel wheels, small (if any) nav screen.

Haven’t seen a 65K diesel, even pretty basic, for 3-4 years now.

I’m seeing 80K on fairly basic trucks. Like plastic seats, crap tires, steel wheels, small (if any) nav screen.

Haven’t seen a 65K diesel, even pretty basic, for 3-4 years now.
I swear I just priced one out it came to a little north of 65 and I even think it was a 1 ton? However It was done online at the GM or Chevy website and I've been pretty vocal of my frustration with technology and trying to do stuff online.

Even at 65k it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Which for that price it would need to be and more. So I guess 2016 for life lol.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #56  
I don’t know what I’m going to do on my next truck.
Supposedly “wages are keeping up with inflation”, but not for me.

I bet trucks will be $100K-$120K next time I need one.

Guess it’s time to retire lol

There's deals out there on new vehicles just time consuming, harder to find, and figure out where to look.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #58  
Problem is, I’m driving a 5500 crew cab 4WD
those are more than a 3/4 ton :/

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #60  
Read and been told sunlight promotes algae growth also.
Yup. Algae only grows in open sunlight. Diesel owners say they have an algae problem, but it’s actually bacteria, not algae. Sometimes mold, and yeasts too, but normally bacteria.
Biocides kill bacteria.