My B2620 Projects

/ My B2620 Projects
I don't know about the B50 series ground engaging decks but I am totally happy with my suspended deck on my B2620. My ground is sandy, and lots of thick weeds. Like I said I don't have perfect lawns.
This pic is after a pass on my back section that has a patch of hay. And in the sandy loam, my B does no turf damage or rutting with the R4 tires. And I have lots of trees I have to circle around.

And I love drive over decks. So easy to take on and off.

Attachments

• 009 (Large).jpg
    009 (Large).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 84
   / My B2620 Projects
I've have the MMM on both the B's that I now own, and they mow really well as far as I'm concerned. The B2650 deck is a little beefier than the B2620, even though the 20 was built as a "drive over". I guess I'm referring to the construction of the wheels....the 20 is a "suspended" deck as I understand it...but I broke the welds on a couple of the wheel mounts. The wheels on the 50 ride the ground.

If I am doing some serious or long term chores I remove the deck on either machine; although they can be locked in the up position if one wants to. Even though I'm old and usually tired, I can take the decks off/on without a whole lot of grunting/remembering.

As to mowing performance, I am called to help neighbors with overgrown fields.....say 3 ft tall....and either of my Kubotas cut right through them. My place get mowed more often. With R4 tires, I do get some turf damage when turning too fast or the ground too wet.

How's that for a review??;) Paystar........excuse the hijack of your "Project" thread.

Cheers,
Mike

Very good Mike, LOL. I'm not here for glory, just wanted to put this thread up to show what a little B can do. The more input here about them the better.

I don't get turf damage, but like I said.....my ground is sand, so it doesn't stay wet and soft like clay or good loam.

And I also always take the deck off when I do other work. That's why I would never buy a non drive over deck. I only put it on to mow, then it comes right off.

/ My B2620 Projects #43  
I've have the MMM on both the B's that I now own, and they mow really well as far as I'm concerned. The B2650 deck is a little beefier than the B2620, even though the 20 was built as a "drive over". I guess I'm referring to the construction of the wheels....the 20 is a "suspended" deck as I understand it...but I broke the welds on a couple of the wheel mounts. The wheels on the 50 ride the ground.

If I am doing some serious or long term chores I remove the deck on either machine; although they can be locked in the up position if one wants to. Even though I'm old and usually tired, I can take the decks off/on without a whole lot of grunting/remembering.

As to mowing performance, I am called to help neighbors with overgrown fields.....say 3 ft tall....and either of my Kubotas cut right through them. My place get mowed more often. With R4 tires, I do get some turf damage when turning too fast or the ground too wet.

How's that for a review??;) Paystar........excuse the hijack of your "Project" thread.

Cheers,
Mike

:thumbsup: Thank you, Sir. Exactly what I wanted to know.

/ My B2620 Projects #44  
I don't know about the B50 series ground engaging decks but I am totally happy with my suspended deck on my B2620. My ground is sandy, and lots of thick weeds. Like I said I don't have perfect lawns.
This pic is after a pass on my back section that has a patch of hay. And in the sandy loam, my B does no turf damage or rutting with the R4 tires. And I have lots of trees I have to circle around.

And I love drive over decks. So easy to take on and off.

Wow... I don't think my zero turn would mow grass that high. Impressive.

/ My B2620 Projects #45  
Your B2620 has earn its keep :thumbsup: you have given it name by now. :)

/ My B2620 Projects
May as well just put these in my pic thread. Just a shot of my son doing the driveway and my Christmas presents.

Attachments

• 004 (Large).JPG
    004 (Large).JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 003 (2) (Large).JPG
    003 (2) (Large).JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 002 (2) (Large).JPG
    002 (2) (Large).JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 001 (Large).JPG
    001 (Large).JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 022 (Large).JPG
    022 (Large).JPG
    548 KB · Views: 52
   / My B2620 Projects
Doesn't apply to projects, but may as put a pic of the Kubota and 55 Allis Chalmers CA together too.

The AC will be an upcoming restoration project. Motor has already been done. Runs great. I love it.

Attachments

• 010 (Large).JPG
    010 (Large).JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 290 (Large).jpg
    290 (Large).jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 57