My B2620 Projects

/ My B2620 Projects
Paystar,
Here in Kansas, it can be 60 deg F one day and below freezing the next. I found that once the ground is frozen the Kubota stays clean......but when it is thawed.......There's just muck in about any project.

You know, I have a new (2018 67 hrs) B2650 and the B2620 (2012 675 hrs). I really like the B2620 better for most projects.

Cheers,
Mike

What do you like more about the B2620? I've often thought about upgrading to the B2650 cab because there are times it is miserable snow blowing. But then summer comes and I can't imagine myself in the bush with a cab. And having to open a door to get in and out steady.

And I'd like to have left side brakes (I bend over and use my hands on the steering brakes when I need them in winter) but then I also like having the clutch on my B to engage my PTO driven implements.

And position control would be nice too but I have adjusted to quarter inching.

The B2650 is a sweet machine though.

/ My B2620 Projects #32  
The B2650 is a nice machine with a few more upgrades........such as the Position Control and a more heavy duty MMM. Like anything, it takes time to make the self adjustments on a new machine....e.g. I like the pedal design better on the B2620 vs the rocker one piece on the 50. I like the analog dashboard on the 20 better than the digital on the 50. I can read the dials easier in daylight or dark on the 20. For my size, 5'3" the tilt wheel is a little more handy on the 50, but not that big of deal.

BTW, you might ask why do I have two Kubotas so cloose in design. Well, in short, I didn't like the trade in value and did not want the hastle of try to sell it myself. But now I see some advantage to having these two machines. e.g.right now I have one set up for tree falling, hauling (the 50) and the (20) set up right now with chains, a BB and FEL for snow. I have MMM for each machine....not interchangeable.
But all the rest of the Attachments are interchangeable using either the PATS or the Landpride QH. The 50 has a little more FEL and 3pt capacity, sit a little higher. etc.. etc.. etc. Gotta go now. 006.JPG012.JPG

Cheers,
Mike

/ My B2620 Projects
OK thanks oldballs. That makes sense. I hate selling stuff private too. I figured you would have had a cab on the B2650.

Last time I was thinking of trading in, the tractor kept most of it's purchase price, minus the tax obviously. But the loader and implements lost their value and did not add to it. I didn't get a bad price from my dealer, but let's just say I think like you. I'd rather keep it and just buy the new one I want.

The other problem is this B2620 has been so good to me I don't have the heart to part with it, LOL.

/ My B2620 Projects #34  
OK thanks oldballs. That makes sense. I hate selling stuff private too. I figured you would have had a cab on the B2650.

Last time I was thinking of trading in, the tractor kept most of it's purchase price, minus the tax obviously. But the loader and implements lost their value and did not add to it. I didn't get a bad price from my dealer, but let's just say I think like you. I'd rather keep it and just buy the new one I want.

The other problem is this B2620 has been so good to me I don't have the heart to part with it, LOL.
I fully understand, I really could use an upgrade to a L or a B26 but i just cant bring myself to get rid of the B2620. So until i can afford a second one I guess I'll keep enjoying it and pushing its limits.

P.S. Psystar you need a grapple............

/ My B2620 Projects #35  
This is a great thread. Lot's of good info, I just sold my B2320 after two years and got within 100 dollars of what I paid for it. I am thinking of a B 2650 or 3350 cab model with a mmm. Not sure if Kubota offers these in a gear model, as I never warmed up to the HST on the 2320. Any thoughts or opinions???

/ My B2620 Projects #36  
Hey Steppen.
......from reading here on TBN, I'd say the HST is the favorite.......especially if one uses the FEL quite a bit. I've never owned a geared tractor but have been using HST Kubota models for ten years now.....so that's my only experience. During that time I have moved tons and tons of gravel/dirt/stone/rock for driveways and building projects. It has worked well in the few heavy snows the past ten years....again using the FEL and a Back Blade.

Cheers,
Mike

I did not want a cab model since storing the extra height is a problem for me and I really don't need it for summer or winter around here....and I don't have serious allergies etc.

/ My B2620 Projects #37  
This is a great thread. Lot's of good info, I just sold my B2320 after two years and got within 100 dollars of what I paid for it. I am thinking of a B 2650 or 3350 cab model with a mmm. Not sure if Kubota offers these in a gear model, as I never warmed up to the HST on the 2320. Any thoughts or opinions???
No gear option on the Bxx50 series, from what I've read the noise from the hst is a bit louder due to being enclosed so if that's one of the things you don't like it might not be for you.
I've driven gear, GST, torque converter shuttle, and HST. The torque converter shuttle is a close second but HST is still my personal preference.

/ My B2620 Projects
Thanks again everyone.

Steppenwolfe, only the B2320 is still available with a manual gear shift transmission. It has even got a few updates over the original (and my B2620.)
But no factory cab B's with a manual trans.

I like hydro's. But I have read the complaints about it being loud in the cab on the B models.

TMGT....there is lots of stuff I WANT, LOL. But to keep from spending all my money I just try and adapt with what I got.
I still gotta get a tiller for it too, but now I'm thinking of getting a 2 bottom snap coupler plow for my Allis so that it can have something to do.

/ My B2620 Projects #39  
Thanks guys. Any of you have the MMM, and how does it mow? If I go this route, I will sell my zero turn.

/ My B2620 Projects #40  
I've have the MMM on both the B's that I now own, and they mow really well as far as I'm concerned. The B2650 deck is a little beefier than the B2620, even though the 20 was built as a "drive over". I guess I'm referring to the construction of the wheels....the 20 is a "suspended" deck as I understand it...but I broke the welds on a couple of the wheel mounts. The wheels on the 50 ride the ground.

If I am doing some serious or long term chores I remove the deck on either machine; although they can be locked in the up position if one wants to. Even though I'm old and usually tired, I can take the decks off/on without a whole lot of grunting/remembering.

As to mowing performance, I am called to help neighbors with overgrown fields.....say 3 ft tall....and either of my Kubotas cut right through them. My place get mowed more often. With R4 tires, I do get some turf damage when turning too fast or the ground too wet.

How's that for a review??;) Paystar........excuse the hijack of your "Project" thread.

Cheers,
Mike