Snow Attachments My $8 Snow Blade

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Here is a shot of the rear. I made a bracket that slips in the drawbar and is held there with the factory pin. It kinda pulls to one side. Have to work that one out

Attachments

• 249558-Rear.JPG
    249558-Rear.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 263
   / My $8 Snow Blade
The cable rubs on the front "bumper"........need to add a pulley I guess to raise it up a bit. I thought I calculated the angle with a few pieces of scrap, but I guess I need to look at that again.

Attachments

• 249559-Front.JPG
    249559-Front.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 244
   / My $8 Snow Blade
You can see the 6" cast iron pulley I used on bronze bushings. It was left in the shop by the previous owner.

Attachments

• 249560-Side.JPG
    249560-Side.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 232
   / My $8 Snow Blade
The brackets are from an old Craftsman rider I have. The blade I bought at a clearance sale included brackets that were already on the rider. Been looking at those brackets for 10-12 years. Finally found a use for them. I'm wondering if I need some bracing to the rear?

Attachments

• 249561-SideAgain.JPG
    249561-SideAgain.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 238
   / My $8 Snow Blade #25  
You should be all set for the next snow storm, hopefully not till Nov/Dec.

A strategically placed hole in that front bumper might straighten that cable right out....

/ My $8 Snow Blade
I could raise the front bracket, but I'd like to be able to open the hood too.

/ My $8 Snow Blade #27  
Looks Great !!!... a bit more "tweaking" as you suggest on the cable angle should get it... Those older brackets you had look like they were just made for the application. It doesn't look like it would take more than a few minutes to put on or take off.... I will start my project this summer... I may need a few pointers!!!

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Anytime Surge........
The brackets have a slot in them to just lay the shaft in there, along with the hole I decided to use. If I used the slot, I was worried it might pull out when backing up if the blade was down.

/ My $8 Snow Blade #29  
Nice job! The time and effort that you put into this is well worth it. There is nothing like pushing snow going forward. You will like it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

winchman