Snow Attachments My $8 Snow Blade

/ My $8 Snow Blade #1  

Inspector507

Didn't know if this post should be in the attachments forum or projects /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. This is an "attachment" but will be a "project" to put on. Went to an auction today and picked up a 54" Bolens fornt blade the guy had on his '55 Avery. The project part will be trying to get it on the Yanmar. Maybe lift it by cables of the lift arms or might try to make a cylinder up front do the lifting.
Yes I spent all of $8 on it.

Jerry

Attachments

• 243015-Blade1.JPG
    243015-Blade1.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 943
   / My $8 Snow Blade
Pic #2

Attachments

• 243017-Blade2.JPG
    243017-Blade2.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 565
   / My $8 Snow Blade #3  
Looks like a great starting point for a project. Keep us posted.

/ My $8 Snow Blade #4  
I'll give you $10 for it and save you the work! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Yeah, but the shipping would kill ya. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My $8 Snow Blade #6  
So, the conversation with Surge at Louisville got you thinking? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My $8 Snow Blade #7  
Let me know how it turns out Jerry.. especially the suspension to either the frame or the front bumper hard point.....

We haven't had much snow since the NFMS and spring is almost here, they say high 60's by Friday, so I plan to do something this summer in advance of next winter.... I doubt I will find a blade for $8.00, that is an unbelievable deal.... I am looking for a 60 inch blade though to cover my tracks... 54 inches would be just a bit short.... especially if I angle it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards........... Surge

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Yeah Jim, I guess it did /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Surge,
I'll probably use the bumper frame and also the 4 tapped holes on each side, dunno yet.
The 54" blade will be just wide enough I think. The Yannie is about 48" or less with the rice tires, which I had to switch to the day after I got home from the show. The day I got home, I got it stuck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry

/ My $8 Snow Blade #10  
You could probably use a linkage to the rear 3 pt lift arm like on our mid mount mower, just extend through to the front. With another linkage to lock the front blade in the up position, you could still use the rear 3 pt independently if you needed a rear attachment.