Snow Attachments My $8 Snow Blade

/ My $8 Snow Blade #31  
Inspector,
I wouldn't worry about bracing to the rear. I did some calculations a few years ago to determine whether two bolts through the frame of a car would be enough to hold a class II receiver hitch on. It turns out that I'd have to pull something like 1g (the weight of the trailer 3,500lb) to shear the bolts. If I remember right the shear required something like 10,000 lb.

You'll probably bend the blade frame before you'll damage the bracket, or shear the bolts.

By the way, we just got about 3" of snow yesterday, and its snowing again now! Next winter, I plan to mount a hydraulic lift and angle 54" John Deere blade in place of my way-too-small 42" manual angle blade.

/ My $8 Snow Blade
Greg for now this one is a manual adjust angle too. But maybe one of these days there'll be a 2 spool valve plopped on the fender and 2 cylinders to lift and angle. Can ya tell I like to play on/with my toys(tools)?
As for bracing.....I took it out to the gravel drive to see how much gravel it'd dig up and push. Watched the supports real close, nothing moved/gave. THEN I got to put all the gravel back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Hopin' I'll be waiting till next winter to try it out on snow. Should be in the 60-70's the rest of the week. Waiting on the apple trees to bloom.