My 3.5 Ton Jiahe

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
I got the name and found a reputable site for tracking. It's on its way to S.Korea today.
marinevesseltraffic.com
Unbelievable how many ships are on the water around the world.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Got an updated schedule from the salesman in China.
Ship is due into Norfolk on Oct. 12.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #13  
I got the name and found a reputable site for tracking. It's on its way to S.Korea today.
marinevesseltraffic.com
Unbelievable how many ships are on the water around the world.
Assuming it takes the same path as mine did:

Busan, Korea to Panama will take about 3 weeks. My ship then sailed for another week to NYC and unloaded before heading south to Norfolk.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
According to the tracking website, next stop is Panama on Sept. 27.
You are probably right. I imagine these routes are just like driving down a highway to us.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Just figured I would update.
Ship is in Savannah now.
It's getting closer.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #16  
Any updates?

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Forgot to. No problems with Customs or EPA. Ship did not go to Norfolk, it went to Wilmington, DE. Then they trucked the container down to VA.
Container is in Chesapeake, VA. I have to call Mon. to set up for the pick up.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Picked it up today, but thought I wasn't going to be able to.
The warehouse company brought the container to the warehouse and dropped it off Fri. afternoon. I called and confirmed it was there, but the lady I talked to said they had to wait for a guy to come open the container because they weren't allowed at the warehouse and he would be there first thing this morning. that was when she said , call back Mon. (today) after 9. When I called she said everything was fine come get it. I double checked with her to make sure they had a ramp to get it off the dock. She said they do.

I get there and there it is inside the warehouse. The pallet has the rake and extra buckets. Another pallet is the cab. A box with a bunch of extra fuel and oil filters, small tool box, and 6 extra bucket pins, and 4 free "Jiahe" shirts. It would not fit in the container if the cab was installed. They sent me a video of how to install the cab. A couple electric connecters, and two ducts, and four bolts hold it down.

I take a look at their ramp, an old steel ramp with 7-8in high edges on it so the forklifts don't drive over the edge. I get my tape out and the excavator is 3 1/2" wider than what the ramp is....oops.

Warehouse guy starts making phone calls and I told him at least load the two pallets on my trailer so I don't go home emptyhanded. He tells me hang on, and then comes back to say a guy is bringing another container over and they will load it in the container and take it to another warehouse they have with a big concrete ramp.

So, long story short, they loaded the machine back in the container and I followed them to another warehouse about 5 miles away, and finally got it loaded on my trailer. By then rush hour was in full swing. I64 in Chesapeake/Norfolk. I crawled for about 12 miles. By the time I got back it was dark. So, no photos today. Very nice. Panels fit very well, Kubota engine purrs, hydraulics are nice and smooth from the little bit I used them to get up on the trailer.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Some photos. They even put a grease fitting on the door hinges.

Attachments

• Excavator On Trailer1.jpeg
    Excavator On Trailer1.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Excavator On Trailer2.jpeg
    Excavator On Trailer2.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Excavator Little Things1.jpeg
    Excavator Little Things1.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Excavator Little Things2.jpeg
    Excavator Little Things2.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 89
   / My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Some more. I had to dig a ditch to get the boom down low enough to install the cab. My forks were maxed out and with max tilt I just cleared the controls to get the cab over the boom.

Attachments

• Excavator Tie Down1.jpeg
    Excavator Tie Down1.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Excavator Tie Down2.jpeg
    Excavator Tie Down2.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Excavator Cab Install1.jpeg
    Excavator Cab Install1.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Excavator Cab Install2.jpeg
    Excavator Cab Install2.jpeg