My 3.5 Ton Jiahe

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Just put these photos up here. Been using this to clear for a building lot. Mostly 2-3" crap growing among 4-8" pines.
Machine is on stump pulling detail. Got just under 40 hrs. The woods you see in the background is what this area used to look like before I cleared with the machine. I've cleared an area about 175'X 120'.

Attachments

• Excavator Lot1.jpeg
    Excavator Lot1.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Excavator Lot2.jpeg
    Excavator Lot2.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Excavator Lot3.jpeg
    Excavator Lot3.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 97
   / My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Thought I would add this from yesterday afternoon's stump pulling. 4X4X5 tall gum stump. Took about an hour to break this out. I had to dig a ramp to pull it up out of the hole.
The breakout force of the bucket is really impressive.

Attachments

• Excavator Stump Pulling1.jpeg
    Excavator Stump Pulling1.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Excavator Stump Pulling2.jpeg
    Excavator Stump Pulling2.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 73
   / My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #33  
Looks like the JIAHE is performing well!

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #35  
Thought I would add this from yesterday afternoon's stump pulling. 4X4X5 tall gum stump. Took about an hour to break this out. I had to dig a ramp to pull it up out of the hole.
The breakout force of the bucket is really impressive.
Very nice. yours can do the jobs my machine only dreams about. :D and you can stay warm!

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Yes. This doesn't have a heater set up like a conventional one in a car. The A/C is set up that way, but the heater is just a diverter valve under the radiator that opens to let coolant circulate to the heater core. I have never opened it. I have worked in 30 deg temps and after the machine has been running about 1/2 hr, is very comfortable in the cab just from engine heat coming up from below. I just work in a flannel shirt after that.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Hit 47hrs a couple weeks ago and decided it was close enough for it's first oil change and also the temps were going to plummet. Nicer to change oil when it is 60deg than 35 deg.
Very easy to get to the filter and drain plug. Open the rear access panel and the filter is right in front of me. Drop a skid plate underneath and drain plug right there. The skid plate is slotted, so only two of the four bolts have to be removed. Old oil was same consistency of new Rotella I used. No glitter to be seen. Got extra oil, fuel, air filters, and hyd filters sent with it. Engine is a Kubota D1703.

Attachments

• Excavator Engine bay2.jpeg
    Excavator Engine bay2.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 42
   / My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #38  
Hit 47hrs a couple weeks ago and decided it was close enough for it's first oil change and also the temps were going to plummet. Nicer to change oil when it is 60deg than 35 deg.
Very easy to get to the filter and drain plug. Open the rear access panel and the filter is right in front of me. Drop a skid plate underneath and drain plug right there. The skid plate is slotted, so only two of the four bolts have to be removed. Old oil was same consistency of new Rotella I used. No glitter to be seen. Got extra oil, fuel, air filters, and hyd filters sent with it. Engine is a Kubota D1703.
Good to hear its doing well. I really dont think you can beat a Kubota diesel. I was thinking earlier today that we need an update from you.

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe
Good to hear its doing well. I really dont think you can beat a Kubota diesel. I was thinking earlier today that we need an update from you.
I was on dog watch right after I changed the oil. One of my dogs decided it wanted to have another taste of what a rock tastes like. Did this back in Oct too.
Puking and not eating and right back to the Vet Hospital only to be cut open for the second time in 2 months.
This time it was not as bad as the first one. They said they were able to "manipulate" the rock through her intestines and out. The first one they had to cut open her intestines to get the rock out. Each time it is two weeks of constant watch over her. Can't leave her alone.
I ended up astro turfing the entire pen (1000 sqft) because she was digging up the rocks in the pen.
Now when she is even taken out walking, she has to wear a muzzle so she can't pick up anything.

Back to work today!

/ My 3.5 Ton Jiahe #40  
I was on dog watch right after I changed the oil. One of my dogs decided it wanted to have another taste of what a rock tastes like. Did this back in Oct too.
Puking and not eating and right back to the Vet Hospital only to be cut open for the second time in 2 months.
This time it was not as bad as the first one. They said they were able to "manipulate" the rock through her intestines and out. The first one they had to cut open her intestines to get the rock out. Each time it is two weeks of constant watch over her. Can't leave her alone.
I ended up astro turfing the entire pen (1000 sqft) because she was digging up the rocks in the pen.
Now when she is even taken out walking, she has to wear a muzzle so she can't pick up anything.

Back to work today!
Wow some dogs are like that.. years ago we had a dog that broke all her teeth because she chewed on rocks... looking back, I should have tried a mineral block, the kind I set out in the woods for deer. Now we have a dog that loves to eat small sticks. That keeps us worried.