Muhammad, read this

/ Muhammad, read this #11  
Right now we don't have any but we probably should set up a merch store, shouldn't we?

/ Muhammad, read this #12  
100%. I can’t tell you how many charity events we have attended and donated toward that, without the “event” wouldn’t be on our radar screen.

We have also invited friends to attend that then donate - same situation in that it wouldn’t be on their radar.

Also, many events have silent and actual auctions that raise money. People are much more likely to bid in person (after a few drinks) than online.

It is very very very difficult to raise money by sending letters, telephoning or email. It really does not work.

Finally, I have seen where drinks, food and even the venue at times are donated helping to offset the cost of the event.

MoKelly
"It is very difficult to raise money by sending letters, telephoning or email"

My credit card history would prove that statement to be totally false........for some months prior to November 3rd.

/ Muhammad, read this #13  
My feelings too. Just what the world needs. More MERCH! Even the sound of that word is disgusting.

You want Merch? Go to Thrift stores and Flea Markets. They are just drowning in it.

/ Muhammad, read this #14  
"It is very difficult to raise money by sending letters, telephoning or email"

My credit card history would prove that statement to be totally false........for some months prior to November 3rd.

You must be a very generous person. That is good.

Why is Nov. 3rd important?

MoKelly

/ Muhammad, read this #20  
By the way, an easy way to attract the attention of a member for post or something on this new forum, is to use the "@" before the nickname. This will send an alert to the member in question.

Like this:
@Muhammad
Testing @Xfaxman

Testing @ptsg

Did not work on my computer.
@Xfaxman I dont think you can tag yourself that way, someone else has to tag you.

Aaron Z
Thanks @aczlan, well you tagged me and I didn't receive anything on my computer.
I tagged you, did you get an alert?