MT3 reliability

/ MT3 reliability #11  
So I admit I’m really on the fence between LS and Branson. The Branson I like due to the mechanical, non ECM Kukje diesel. I admit I’m a member of a couple LS groups on FB and see post after post about error codes, limp mode, DPF issues etc. I know many join such groups because they have issues they wish to resolve. The Branson group has many fewer issues. Not scientific.
I’d be looking for the MT352 or MT357, so I’m curious if any owners here have had regen issues, or electrical issues that should give me pause?
In this area LS has a slightly larger presence, and I do prefer the cab on the LS and like the rear 3 point lever. The draw of the Branson is the mechanical nature of the machine, alleviating a lot of electrical gremlins.
I sorta remember when looking at the 2021 model 5520H Branson that they added a exhaust flap in the outlet of the exhaust pipe to trap more heat in the manifold during a regen. Sounds like a good idea but I thought I was told by he dealer you need to park the tractor during this event. On the LS and most other tractors you can work the tractor and keep it in regen as long as you keep it above a certain rpm or you can park it and run the engine at higher engine speed. Maybe someone with a Branson in this size can add to this.

/ MT3 reliability #12  
I had an error code once on my MT357. Turns out the super tall thick briers I was cutting with the flail mower had tore a wire out. I reconnected the wire and zip tied it out of the way, that was the only error code I had.

It regenerated right at 50.0 hours and I didn’t even notice it (other than the light on the dash). I use mine mostly for flail mowing, so it mostly runs at pto speed.

this is my first tractor ever, so I can not comment on anything else about it.

/ MT3 reliability #13  
I'll jump in here...

We bought a LS XR 3140H in 2020. The only thing wrong with our tractor was one of the stop blocks that when you curl the bucket back up was higher than the other. It would touch almost a full quarter inch before the other side would, Dealer ground it down till both stops engaged exactly. I thought the tractor had a front axle pivot issue, rear pivot missing a grease fitting, turns out it gets its lube from the oil in the differential instead of grease.

At 172 hours now, it has regen every 50 hours like clock work. I did force a regen at 15 hours because of low rpm use and not getting to operating temps. Since the 15 hour mark, its 1800-2000 rpm after a couple minute idle. Zero regeneration issues or any other issues so far with the LS.

/ MT3 reliability #14  
So I admit I’m really on the fence between LS and Branson. The Branson I like due to the mechanical, non ECM Kukje diesel. I admit I’m a member of a couple LS groups on FB and see post after post about error codes, limp mode, DPF issues etc. I know many join such groups because they have issues they wish to resolve. The Branson group has many fewer issues. Not scientific.
I’d be looking for the MT352 or MT357, so I’m curious if any owners here have had regen issues, or electrical issues that should give me pause?
In this area LS has a slightly larger presence, and I do prefer the cab on the LS and like the rear 3 point lever. The draw of the Branson is the mechanical nature of the machine, alleviating a lot of electrical gremlins.
Ls is a good tractor. I would not be worried about the emission issues. The down side is you need to keep them at a high idle to keep the soot burned out. Dealer told me around 1800 rpm’s. Burns more fuel. Nice thing about the Branson Kukje engine is you can take all that emissions crap off and idle like a regular tractor. Less fuel, wear etc. I’m not saying for you to do that. Just saying that if that stuff would fall off it would run fine. I don’t want to upset the EPA trolls. Demo both and pick which one suits you better. If you look on the net you will find bad things happen to everything.

/ MT3 reliability #15  
Ls is a good tractor. I would not be worried about the emission issues. The down side is you need to keep them at a high idle to keep the soot burned out. Dealer told me around 1800 rpm’s. Burns more fuel. Nice thing about the Branson Kukje engine is you can take all that emissions crap off and idle like a regular tractor. Less fuel, wear etc. I’m not saying for you to do that. Just saying that if that stuff would fall off it would run fine. I don’t want to upset the EPA trolls. Demo both and pick which one suits you better. If you look on the net you will find bad things happen to everything.
I'm not sure if you can just remove the DOC/DPF on the latest Bransons like in the past and install a muffler with no repercussions. Thought I read a thread on TBN that you can remove those components but you'll get the DPF light. Not sure if it still tries to run the regen at the 50hr threshold which does require the tractor being parked.

/ MT3 reliability #16  
Every tractor product line has it less desirable model. I have not experienced this with LS. What I have found LS use base motor that is tuned for 35,40,42,52,55,57 HP. Turbo adds in the kicker on torque and horsepower. I have LS XR3135 HC with 160 hours with backhoe. I have used the past 160 hours with backhoe service. No let down on performance in my current use. I have read in the threads LS has sub-supplier with harness issues. Finding tractors with wrong harness versions on them. My guess either the sub-supplier is in question on craftsmanship which is confusing since the harness should be load tested using HYPOT tester and or ohm inspection. This should be done by software looking for errors. Or the problem could be mislabeled harnesses in stocking location. Again as they are testing tractor any harness issues should be coming up during cycle tests. I can say with confidence they are performing continuous improvement just as all other suppliers. Our feedback is being read and reviewed by their quality team. Otherwise things would be worse they are improving. Again this is true across tractor lines in the marketplace today. I will say as all others agree upon on this site. Putting electronic EPA controls Tier IV on compact tractor used less than 200 hours year was not the smartest decision but it was necessary to eliminate complaints on larger HP tractors. We all suffer from this directive.

/ MT3 reliability #17  
I just bought an MT357HC about a month ago. I have 14 hours on it now. I am fairly hard on equipment, I run a sawmill and logging is no easy task for a tractor. Heavy lifting and transporting logs over uneven and often muddy terrain. In the 14 hours I have on the tractor, so far I have not detected any weaknesses. It is very strong, great lift capacity, smooth, quiet, and fuel efficient. I love the cab. I came from a Kioti DK40 open station, and didn't know what I was missing without a cab. My tractor went into regen at 13 hours.. and it was a simple 15 minute process. I was moving some logs and the light came on the dash. Shortly thereafter the other light came on (there are 2 lights... 1 that indicates it is ready to regen, and the other indicating that the engine temp is high enough to regen). As soon as I saw the first light, I cranked the rpm's up to 2,200 and kept working. Both lights stayed on for about 15 minutes, then they went off and it was done. Did not affect me in any way whatsoever. I did notice a different smell from the exhaust, but that's it. Nothing to be afraid of. They are constantly improving these tractors, and in my opinion the MT3 series tractor is very well made. This is however on a tractor with only 14 hours, so it's not broke in yet. I plan on giving more reviews when it gets a few hundred more hours on it. Main thing is, periodically check the important bolts and make sure they aren't getting loose (lug nuts and loader mount bolts), stay on top of your fluids, use proper fluids and filters, and run your machine at 1800 rpm's minimum most of the time, and you will be fine. These tractors have a 2 year bumper to bumper and 6 year powertrain warranty. That's pretty solid. If you have a good dealer nearby, don't hesitate.. go for it! You certainly won't beat the bang-for-the-buck!

/ MT3 reliability #18  
I'm just over a year in on my MT352HC and have been very pleased. I crossed over 140 hours this week and it has seen some hard use this past year. I had one problem with it that the dealer and warranty took care of, outside of that I got no complaints.