MT 573 Issues

/ MT 573 Issues
Sorry it's taken so long to follow up on the original post. I've been busy
with Fall chores etc.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics showing the seam split in the fuel tank,
and the bottom of fuel tank. Once the tractor was hauled to ANOTHER dealer
(not the aforementioned dealer) the repair was completed in a week and a half.
This last dealer was professional in every way. Was able to communicate,
provided written invoices of exactly what was done and which parts replaced.
Although this last dealer was twice the distance, it was worth the extra
expense to go there. The difference between night and day.

So far the tractor has been working. I like the tractor.

Attachments

• 20230820_101320_HDR.jpg
    20230820_101320_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230820_101721.jpg
    20230820_101721.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
   / MT 573 Issues #22  
First, welcome to TBN!

Sounds like a very frustrating experience to say the least. But at least they have been fixing the issues. However, these issues can happen to any brand and does. Dealer support is very important so maybe while everything works it is good time to sell it and get something that has better support in your area.
HS anyone had any luck with getting LS or the dealer buy back a 573 tractor that will not do the job it was bought for? They don’t respond to my emails and the dealer says the problem I’m having is designed in to the tractor and that feature can not be turn off. The problem is if I feather the clutch while spearing a bale or hooking up a tool to the loader the transmission jump out of gear then back in causing the tractor to lunge forward.

/ MT 573 Issues #23  
Wow... I have questions.
You're coming into a bale with a spear on the FEL. You push in the clutch, the tractor goes into neutral, then back into gear, while the clutch is depressed, causing the tractor to lunge forward? OR... you're coming into the bale, you slip the clutch, it disengages the engine from the transmission, you let out the clutch slightly and the tractor lurches forward? Have you tried lowing your engine RPM while doing this? Use your 'gas' pedal and the clutch together?

What you're describing is odd. The whole "jump out of gear then back in..." Mix that with what the dealer stated, makes me think there is nothing wrong, but rather using the tractor in a way it is not designed, or expecting different behavior what what it is designed to do.

When I roll into something, say a bale, I get my right foot off the gas pedal, and depress the clutch all the way down. Never feather the clutch unless you're doing very low RPM and doing finesse work. I roll into the bale, maybe let the clutch out a bit to get a good bite, but then depress it all the way again and come to a stop. I then lift the bale, shuttle shift into reverse, let out the clutch at a normal rate, and back onto the gas.

Maybe a hydro tractor would be better?

As far as a dealer buying back a tractor, no. It's very hard, even with a lemon. This is not just an LS thing either. If you go buy a new car at the car dealership, come back a week later complaining about how it wont tow your boat like a truck, ask them to buy it back from you, they will laugh at you and offer you a horrible trade in deal towards a new truck.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but I don't think any dealership would buy back a tractor with nothing wrong with it. Unless I'm wrong about the symptoms.

/ MT 573 Issues
I move lots of hay with the 573. Usually using just the hand controls. Easy.
The shuttle takes a bit of time to get used to IF you grew up using the clutch.
My wifes BIL helps sometimes ( he owns JD but likes my LS cab much better),
anyway he can't adjust and when using the LS he uses the clutch. No problems.
Try solutions by AVENGER first. The MT-573 does have an engagement switch
and you can adjust the "grab" so to speak. Check your owners manual for
specific instructions. Good luck.
Now to answer your original question. No they won't buy it back. Dealers are an 50/50 proposition.
1/2 good, 1/2 totally sux. Forget the manufacturer, you'll get 0 assistance from them.
Now, go learn the best way for you to drive that thing and enjoy it!

Attachments

• 20230815_154620.jpg
    20230815_154620.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18
   / MT 573 Issues #25  
Wow... I have questions.
You're coming into a bale with a spear on the FEL. You push in the clutch, the tractor goes into neutral, then back into gear, while the clutch is depressed, causing the tractor to lunge forward? OR... you're coming into the bale, you slip the clutch, it disengages the engine from the transmission, you let out the clutch slightly and the tractor lurches forward? Have you tried lowing your engine RPM while doing this? Use your 'gas' pedal and the clutch together?

What you're describing is odd. The whole "jump out of gear then back in..." Mix that with what the dealer stated, makes me think there is nothing wrong, but rather using the tractor in a way it is not designed, or expecting different behavior what what it is designed to do.

When I roll into something, say a bale, I get my right foot off the gas pedal, and depress the clutch all the way down. Never feather the clutch unless you're doing very low RPM and doing finesse work. I roll into the bale, maybe let the clutch out a bit to get a good bite, but then depress it all the way again and come to a stop. I then lift the bale, shuttle shift into reverse, let out the clutch at a normal rate, and back onto the gas.

Maybe a hydro tractor would be better?

As far as a dealer buying back a tractor, no. It's very hard, even with a lemon. This is not just an LS thing either. If you go buy a new car at the car dealership, come back a week later complaining about how it wont tow your boat like a truck, ask them to buy it back from you, they will laugh at you and offer you a horrible trade in deal towards a new truck.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but I don't think any dealership would buy back a tractor with nothing wrong with it. Unless I'm wrong about the symptoms.
Thank you for your response. I’ll try to describe the problem a little better. If I’m outside and on level or downhill when I stab a bale no problem. I do as you do I just come in push in the clutch and let my momentum stab the bale. Lift the bale and go on. The problem is when I’m in the building stabbing the last bales against the wall and I’m trying to be very careful with getting into the bale and I’m releasing the clutch slowly and may feathering it or maybe I’m on a slight grade and picking up a tool on the loader. What happens is the transmission is design for the clutch to be in or out but not feathered. It starts a warning beeping sound then jumps out of gear and if I then release the clutch it jumps back into gear. It has caused me to push a bale through my back wall. I have another shuttle shift tractor that has a mechanical clutch that doesn’t do this. The tractor I traded for the 573 was a hydro and of course didn’t do this. l know this jumping into and out of gear will eventually cause the transmission to fail. The dealer agreed with that and told me that would be covered under warranty and that is good but I really need the tractor everyday and no telling how long it will take them to fix it when it does go. To me this is a design problem. Too much automation. I was hoping that auto feature could be turned off but apparently not. I guess selling cheap is my only option. It only has 19 hours on it. I bought it as a left over one months ago.

/ MT 573 Issues #27  
I’ll have to look. I have the switch that adjust how hard the transmission releases the clutch when you shift into forward or reverse. That has effect on the clutch release but does nothing for the jumping into and out of gear. If that isn’t what you are talking about I’ll look for the one marked like your pic. Thanks for suggestion.

/ MT 573 Issues #28  
Thank you for your response. I’ll try to describe the problem a little better. If I’m outside and on level or downhill when I stab a bale no problem. I do as you do I just come in push in the clutch and let my momentum stab the bale. Lift the bale and go on. The problem is when I’m in the building stabbing the last bales against the wall and I’m trying to be very careful with getting into the bale and I’m releasing the clutch slowly and may feathering it or maybe I’m on a slight grade and picking up a tool on the loader. What happens is the transmission is design for the clutch to be in or out but not feathered. It starts a warning beeping sound then jumps out of gear and if I then release the clutch it jumps back into gear. It has caused me to push a bale through my back wall. I have another shuttle shift tractor that has a mechanical clutch that doesn’t do this. The tractor I traded for the 573 was a hydro and of course didn’t do this. l know this jumping into and out of gear will eventually cause the transmission to fail. The dealer agreed with that and told me that would be covered under warranty and that is good but I really need the tractor everyday and no telling how long it will take them to fix it when it does go. To me this is a design problem. Too much automation. I was hoping that auto feature could be turned off but apparently not. I guess selling cheap is my only option. It only has 19 hours on it. I bought it as a left over one months ago.
I will have to pay more attention on mine. I do have the beeping sound, but that seems to be a warning that I am coming in too slow and about to stall.
I don't move hay, just dirt and stone.

/ MT 573 Issues
I’ll have to look. I have the switch that adjust how hard the transmission releases the clutch when you shift into forward or reverse. That has effect on the clutch release but does nothing for the jumping into and out of gear. If that isn’t what you are talking about I’ll look for the one marked like your pic. Thanks for suggestion.
Read the manual. In my manual it's P. 3-40 & P. 3-41.
You have 8 seconds to release, if you don't it will release automatically.

/ MT 573 Issues
I will have to pay more attention on mine. I do have the beeping sound, but that seems to be a warning that I am coming in too slow and about to stall.
I don't move hay, just dirt and stone.
TimberFarm this maybe from riding the clutch. Especially at higher rpm will eventually cause
damage to the clutch pack.