Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future.

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #31  
   / Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #32  
Yes, I sold the M59 not long after I got the 40. I bought a Deere 410 after that and I’ve since sold it too.
Dang it, I'm way behind.... ;)

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #33  
They are not cheap. I think it was a little less than 50 K with various buckets and options. Surprisingly used ones don't come down that much in price. Having cab with AC and heat was a must for me and that adds $$
So to get your capabilities the OP needs to look at a $50K investment.

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #34  
Oh, I thought you meant large logs. A mini will lift those.

This log would be at the top end if not above his mills capacity and my mini can lift it at half radius. I could probably do 3/4 reach off the end. My L3800 wouldn’t lift that log off the ground at all.
IMG_0795.JPG

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #35  
What is it worth?

Mid 40s. You might get lucky and find a kx121 without a cab which is basically the same thing in the 25k range.

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #36  
well KilroyJC, your Mrs. is A KEEPER <3

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future. #37  
Cost becomes a huge factor in this equation. For me, I'll keep my TLB.

An older full size backhoe absolutely wins the less money spent comparison. And for a homeowner that’s likely a good option. But when the comparison shifts to getting work done with less emphasis on cost the the mini and CTL win by a significant margin.

/ Mrs. Suggested that we might consider a Mini-Excavator in our future.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I don't think the OP is looking at a mini that big?
Well, if someone were going to give me a REALLY good deal. . . 🤣😂

Oh, I thought you meant large logs. A mini will lift those.
I think the biggest I would need to move is 30” dia by 14’ length

They are not cheap. I think it was a little less than 50 K with various buckets and options. Surprisingly used ones don't come down that much in price. Having cab with AC and heat was a must for me and that adds $$
I am a glutton for punishment - all I need is a ROPS