mower won't drop with 3pt control

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
I am new to this, will the mower deck move with the backhoe on? its not moving at all, hst fluid is also low, but tractor moves. new to my used machine and getting a bit nervous

max 26xl

I don't know if related, but my tractor does not go up a big hill in HI with the load and hoe on, it doesn't stall it just stops.... is this expected? no issues in low.

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #2  
make sure your hydraulic fluid is full before you trouble shoot, because if it’s low, that may be the problem.

For the mower, I assume it’s a belly mower? I would assume that the belly mower would operate while the back hoe is hooked up.

On my MF1540 hst, hi range is really only for driving on a flat road. You can’t really do any type of work in hi. I usually use low range for digging, mowing, snowblowing, etc, and mid range for travel with a loaded bucket

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #3  
Check that the mower lift system isn't in the locked position. I am not familiar with the Max, but on a MF GC series, the 3-point and the deck lift are the same system - if the 3-point can't move because of the BH being mounted (and the plumbing), then the mower deck won't be able to move either. And YES - it is unlikely you will be able to move up a steep hill in HIGH with an HST.

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control
working through this, fluid was not low, i overfilled it, now i need to drain, dipstick is dry when not running, HST according to book requires 3-5 run before checking, once i did this it was over full.

yes my mower deck is tied to the 3point, dealer is telling me backhoe needs to come off to move the mower, but i have a feeling its in the locked position.

dealer explained the H speed is useless as well for most things, L is a little slow in reverse unless up over 2k rpms.

i will get there.

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #5  
On my Max 26xl the 3 point lift arms are both removed and the lower link arms are connected to a special brace that is attached to the draw bar when the backhoe is attached. This keeps the lower link arms stabilized below the backhoe and inoperable.

Your mower deck linkage is connected to the pivot / locking plates on each side of the tractor. These plates are either pinned in an upward position when the backhoe is mounted which in turn will keep your mower deck raised, or unpinned which allows them to pivot and be raised or lowered by contacting the 3 point arms when the backhoe is off and the lift arms are attached.

So to answer your question, the mower deck and backhoe can be on at the same time but you will not have lifting or lowering control of the deck and it should be pinned up.

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #6  
TMCJ-can I get a clarification on your post? My 26MAX has the backhoe plates installed. Does that mean my 3pt hitch is disabled until I take them off?

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #7  
The backhoe mounting frame stays on all the time and doesn't interfere with the 3 point in any way.

In the pic #1 is the backhoe mounting frame. #2 is the plate that your mower deck lifting linkage connects to. This contacts the 3 point lower link arms when they are raised or lowered which raises or lowers the deck. The red arrow points to the pin that locks this plate up when the deck is not in use and in the raised position, or not attached at all. 20210124_200153~3.jpeg

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #8  
Thanks, got any idea why my 3pt won't raise or lower?

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control
thanks tmjc, appreciate the photo's i saw those pins didn't realize thats how it gets locked up. on a disappointing note, both stabilizer jacks are leaking

/ mower won't drop with 3pt control #10  
Thanks, got any idea why my 3pt won't raise or lower?
The first thing I would check is the flow control knob just below your seat, between your legs. It controls the speed of travel of the 3 point Hydraulics.