Disc Harrow mound soil, how do I?

/ mound soil, how do I?
Are you looking for a bed shaper?

Hope that was of some value to you.

This was a huge help thankyou now I can search hillers, row hippers and bed shapper. Here they are called Merbein Ploughs and Moulders which doesn't find a lot on the net.

/ mound soil, how do I? #12  
Your close up of the row shows that you still have clods of dirt that the disc is pulling up. I use a tiller set to full depth to till the area I want to make rows in. A two disc hiller then does a great job because the soil is loose enough to move. I think you will achieve good results if you move the discs toward the center a bit. Experiment. Till the soil until you don't have clods, move the disc in a bit and leave space between rows to achieve the desired number of rows for the area.

/ mound soil, how do I? #13  
IMG_0071 - Copy.JPGGlenK:
Here are some photos of a hiller I bought last year. I am sure you can put one together by your self. You don't need that large shoe (sweep) in the middle. It just makes a center groove on the hill for like planting potato's.
You Aussies were realty great to us Yanks during the Viet Nam War. A number of nurses from my hospital (95th. Evac)took there R&R in Australia and were treated like family with so much warmth and kindness. You are great people and I hope you can keep the invasion from the North out. We could come down under and help.
Rocky

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 114