MossRoad, what's your homepage again?

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
MossRoad, what\'s your homepage again?

If I may suggest, you should add the URL to your profile too!

Thx,
Dave

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again? #2  
Re: MossRoad, what\'s your homepage again?

Done /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again?

Dude, I was checking out your photos. There's some interesting differences between your new 422 and my old 1418.

1) My gas tank is built into the metal hood. Looks like yours is a plastic jug mounted on top the engine.

2) My oil cooler is small and mounted on top of the hydrostatic pump in front of the engine, while yours is large and mounted into the hood.

3) Looks like they bolt a plate onto the hydraulic tank nowadays. Mine is in the same location, but just has the lip for the lid built into the tank itself.

4) My throttle, choke, and ignition is on the housing between the operator's legs rather than on the dash.

5) Of course, mine doesn't have the quick attach so there's nothing but the main pto connections, which are on the front bottom of the machine. I like how your's appear to be more easily accessible. I may add two hoses and route the connections up onto the lift arms to make them easier to reach. Cool.

Dave

Hey man, I'm trying to play your videos, but I must not have the right application. I've tried Windows Media Player and RealPlayer, but neither recognize the WMF files. What player do I need for those?

Regards,
Dave

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again? #5  

I use windows media player version 8.

Try right clicking on the file and saving it to your PC with the "save target as" funciton. Then try playing it from your PC.

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again? #6  

Thanks!

Yeah, they've really changed things around. I noticed in the video that I got last year that the fuel tank appeared to be metal and there was a linkage between the mower and the bottom, front of the unit. Apparently the linkage is for attaching implements like yours, not the quick attach. Also, the video showed a fuel bowl and filter, but they are now a small plastic in-line type filter. The plastic gas tank is nice, in that you can see at a glance the fuel level, even through the grates on the side of the engine cover. The hydraulic oil cooler does appear to to be huge, and the fan really moves the air through it.

Well, for some reason, WMP works as work, but not at home. Er...uh...ooops, not that I was watching your PT videos at work or anything. Nice job on the videos. Does PT now they exist?

Hey, was that snow frozen slush, or the light fluffy stuff? You didn't seem to have any traction difficulty at all. Which surprises me considerably, given your model only weighs 1300 lbs or so.

Dave

/ MossRoad, what's your homepage again? #8  

I had several types of snow, including wet, slushy stuff and never had traction problems up to 10 incehs of snow. We never really had more than that at one time this winter. I have a paved driveway and the blade gets right down toteh asphalt, so the turfs worked well. I did have a few slippery spots on the side of a small incline in the grass. If the winter would have been really bad, I would have purchased chains for the turf tires.

Very cool. I usually figure if it's going to be cold, might as well get some snow. This coming winter, though, I'm REALLY going to be looking forward to snow!

Dave