Money No Object?

/ Money No Object? #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
I'm searching for the best built 5' Rotary Cutter model available here in North America. I want old fashion, simple, high quality construction. Built to a HIGH standard not to a low price.

What do you suggest? If you think there is more than one brand worthy of consideration please share.

I'm a buyer that has been frustrated too often with equipment that just isn't built with durability and quality anymore. I'm willing to pay what it costs for a GREAT 5' cutter.

Thanks.

/ Money No Object? #3  
Woods

/ Money No Object? #4  
Go stainless. I know KingKutter makes one in 5' for a couple grand. Domed top, flex hitch, pretty nice unit. (Brother in law has one)

/ Money No Object? #5  
Made in USA Bush Hog, Woods, Land Pride and King Kutter/Professional are the premium brands.

Do not buy a unit so heavy that it moves around your tractor on slopes. Do not buy a unit so heavy that your PTO cannot spin cutting blade to designed RPM.

/ Money No Object?
One Question about Bush Hog:

The other day I went to a very reputable, local small town Bush Hog dealer. He showed me the Bush Hog RD5 model. The dealership owner swears that ALL Bush Hog models will give me the same durability and performance. If so, why does the Bush Hog company offer more than one model of 5 footer? My neighbor recently bought from the same dealer a new Bush Hog 5' Squealer model.

When you folks are suggesting Bush Hog, are you saying ANY model Bush Hog or just the Squealer or an even heavier model? (By the way, the RD5 only has a 1 year gearbox warranty not 5 years like the Squealer.)

I have not gone to see Woods yet, will do so Monday. Within the Woods brand is there a 5' model or series that will meet my High Quality need? I read about the King Kutter stainless model, very interesting but only 12 gauge steel. A concern?

Sincere thanks for your continued help. I've got to get this purchase right.

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Money No Object? #7  
Woods, Land Pride, King Kutter and Bush Hog all have web sites. I would do some research on the manufactures web sites before visiting dealers.

You can also use the limited SEARCH function here on T-B-N to find answers to many of your questions.

Hey, with plenty of money for this purchase it will be easy to get a premium 'hog.

You should post details of your tractor: model, weight, horsepower and tire width.

You should post details of your land and what you intend to chop with the implement.

Have you had direct experience using a Rotary Cutter? One of the more potentially dangerous implements.

ONE HUNDRED EXISTING T-B-N THREADS:

https://www.google.com/#q=Rotary+Cutter+Brands+site:tractorbynet.com

https://www.google.com/#q=bush+hog+Brands+site:tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / Money No Object? #8  
When you folks are suggesting Bush Hog, are you saying ANY model Bush Hog or just the Squealer or an even heavier model? (By the way, the RD5 only has a 1 year gearbox warranty not 5 years like the Squealer.)
I have not gone to see Woods yet, will do so Monday. Within the Woods brand is there a 5' model or series that will meet my High Quality need? I read about the King Kutter stainless model, very interesting but only 12 gauge steel. A concern?
Go by weight. Within a particular brand and size, the heavier cutter will be the heavier duty one. Just be aware of how much your tractor can safely lift as there is such a thing as a cutter that is too heavy.

Aaron Z

/ Money No Object? #9  
I would also be concerned about how it performs cuts shreds etc. the most heavily constructed may not cut worth a durn. Personally like land pride for its clean cut

/ Money No Object? #10  
From your archived posts it seems you have not decided on a tractor, are uncertain what price you want to pay for a Rotary Cutter and live in Canada.

You have to decide on a tractor FIRST; then select implements which are appropriate to the tractor and your conditions.