moisture in headlight lens

/ moisture in headlight lens #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all I noticed that there seems to be some moisture in my Kioti's headlights for the last 3 weeks. Is this something to be concerned with or not. Would like to know why this moisture is noticeable. The tractor is parked out in the sun so you would think it would dry up. Anyway any input would be appreciated.
Gilles

/ moisture in headlight lens #2  
Condensation.. very common.. Only cure I know of is drill drain holes, inside bottom or replace.. they will start to fog inside lens.
Ford motor co. had one heck of a time w/ it.. on the replacement lens'/bulb assembly there are drain holes made into the bottom of the housing on the higher end replacements.
Unless the water level is pooling up to the electrical connections, don't sweat it..

/ moisture in headlight lens
Thanks man appreciate your input. I will wait a couple of days and see if it corrects itself if not then may drill a small hole at the bottom of the lens. Thanks

/ moisture in headlight lens #4  
Most light assemblies have weep holes in the lower sides to allow excess moisture out, but the 'humid' air will fog the lens until you use the light, drying out the air and lens.

I have waited a few days and the lens is still fogged up and we had a very hot day. You would think the sun would of dried it up. Can that moisture do any damage to the lens. I have seen on older vehicles where rust would build up inside the casing. Just wondering.

/ moisture in headlight lens #6  
Next time you use it, run it with the lights on the whole time. I'll bet that will dry it out.

/ moisture in headlight lens #7  
I had one of the lens on my motorhome fill with moisture. I removed the lens, got out all the water I could by blowing compressed air and swabbing then blew hot air (wife's hairdryer) on the lens till all the water was gone. I then cleaned the glued joint well with acetone and a wire brush and afterward applied a bead of silicone all the way around it. NO MORE WATER IN THE LENS.

The moisture in you tractors light is likely coming in from a leaking seam in the light. Repair it like I did and you wont have any more problem.

I had one of the lens on my motorhome fill with moisture. I removed the lens, got out all the water I could by blowing compressed air and swabbing then blew hot air (wife's hairdryer) on the lens till all the water was gone. I then cleaned the glued joint well with acetone and a wire brush and afterward applied a bead of silicone all the way around it. NO MORE WATER IN THE LENS.

The moisture in you tractors light is likely coming in from a leaking seam in the light. Repair it like I did and you wont have any more problem.

Good advise thanks.

Next time you use it, run it with the lights on the whole time. I'll bet that will dry it out.

Yes I agree that will dry it up but I need to find out what causes it. I will check around the lens like Garry has mentioned for a leak.

/ moisture in headlight lens #10  
You can remove the lens from the tractor and fill it with water and the leak will show up as a weeping wet spot. I may take a while to show up. I didn't take the time to do that, so I just cleaned the whole perimeter and sealed all of it. Better safe than sorry, as my motorhome lens wasn't that easy to get out and back in.