Modify a Hay Wagon Tongue?

/ Modify a Hay Wagon Tongue?
I'm buying a $15 2" ball coupler x 3" wide which has bolt holes in two directions so a cheap, easy adaption that can be reversed back to original. I've already got too many various hitch gizmos all ready.

/ Modify a Hay Wagon Tongue? #12  
I built my farm wagon from brand new Horst running gear. It's their ten ton model. You can just barely see the hitch on the end of the farm wagon tongue. So - I show you the hitch on the end of my pickup. It's exactly like the hitch on the farm wagon.

I considered a ball hitch but decided on what you see. Dragging my farm wagon around my property means a whole lot of - up/down and twisting. The hitch I have works a whole lot better in my situation. I pull the wagon with the straight pull drawbar on my tractor.

View attachment 743433View attachment 743434
I prefer a single bar type hookup, we just use a drawbar and don't put a ball on it.
Less chance of binding of off camber situations, also none of our drawpins are the full size of the drawbars,
they need some slop to work without breaking things.
chisel plow 1.jpg

Here I have two drawpins in two drawbars, one on the tractor, just a flat drawbar going to a clevis on the chisel plows,
another on the rear frame of the plows for the disk to hook to also a single flat drawbar to a clevis on the disk.

/ Modify a Hay Wagon Tongue? #13  
That setup is putting a nice finish on your land Lou. I can get the same effect, more or less, with my LPGS and scarifers down.

The other thing that becomes immediately noticeable - Where are your rocks???

100% agree on drawbar pin slop being very necessary.

/ Modify a Hay Wagon Tongue? #14  
That setup is putting a nice finish on your land Lou. I can get the same effect, more or less, with my LPGS and scarifers down.

The other thing that becomes immediately noticeable - Where are your rocks???

100% agree on drawbar pin slop being very necessary.
There are lots of rocks there they just are not very noticeable in that picture and the disk is helping to push some back down. Also the chisel plows don't bring up as many as mouldboard plows do, which is a major reason we went with them.