Model number, Case sickle bar mower?

/ Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #1  

jeffreyi

I recently acquired this mower. The model number is gone, I can barely make out "Case". Does anyone know which model this mower is?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,478
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,261
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 810
   / Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #2  
Sorry I can't help with the number. Nice find. I want/need a sickle mower really bad!!!!

/ Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #5  
   / Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #6  
It looks like a Case #T10, semi mount, trailing sickle bar mower. Open this link, and scroll down to the picture, and comment. Case 10 Sickle bar mower - Yesterday's Tractors

Good stuff.

I rarely pay any attention to a poster's equipment list but yours caught my eye. Impressive list of a vast array of tractor types. Kinda being a Ford guy the 2000 especially interests me? What's the deal with the aux trans, is that factory??

Sorry for the hijack.

/ Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #7  
   / Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #8  
Good stuff.

I rarely pay any attention to a poster's equipment list but yours caught my eye. Impressive list of a vast array of tractor types. Kinda being a Ford guy the 2000 especially interests me? What's the deal with the aux trans, is that factory??

Sorry for the hijack.

I made a mistake. Found the link to the newest response, after posting the wrong one. Frame is different in this one. Last post of mine shows matching frame.

/ Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #9  
Good stuff.

Sorry for the hijack.

The Aux. transmission was a factory option. I traded tractors with our mechanic at work. He complained this tractor was too fast, with just the straight 4 spd. trans. After trading, I soon found out he was right. This was 12 years ago, and the internet info wasn't what it is today, but did find that Ford made an aux. tranny for it.

I'm not sure what the odds are that I found this one, but still amazes me to this day. We happened to be doing some sight improvement work along a State Highway in Northern Coshocton Co., Ohio. The particular farm ground we were working long, belonged to a farmer, who also owned a small Ford dealership, but I didn't know it at the time. I'd turned the Low-Boy around in their lot, and happened to notice he had 5-6 old 2000's setting back in the rust row, and assumed they were for parts.

He stopped at the job, and was checking on the work we were doing. I saw he and his son's work shirt's with the Ford on them, and put 2 & 2 together. I asked him if any of the old 2000's setting in the back row happened to have an aux. trans in it. He looked rather stunned, looked at his son, then back at me. He told me, 'You're not going to believe this, but I have a brand new one, still in the box, in the parts room". This was in 2003, and had been setting on the shelf since 1973. A guy had ordered a new 2000, and same complaint, too fast, so they ordered this transmission to put in it. After they got the transmission, the guy decided to buy a bigger model, with a split transmission. He said it was all complete, as he had opened the box just two weeks before, for the first time in 30 years. I'm not sure who was more excited... I asked him what he'd have to have for it. He said he wasn't sure, but what ever the price was on the invoice, that would be my cost. I told him no matter, I'd take it. He said stop up at quitting time and he would tell me. He even still had the original invoice for it.

Shortly after he left, reality set in. Having no idea what the cost would be, I just bought a pig in a poke, for an untold amount. I stopped up after we quit, expecting the worst. A few minutes later, I was pretty ecstatic... I don't remember the exact amount, but it was 900+ dollars. Much better then the x,000.00's amount that had been running through my head all afternoon. I do remember that was a Wednesday, and I told him I'd be back on Sat. to get it, as I didn't want to be hauling tractor parts home in a State vehicle. I paid him cash, and no tax was paid. He'd actually taken it off the inventory, when the State started charging inventory tax.

Somewhat of a project to put it in, but did make a big difference in slowing it down, and speeding it up. The only thing is, the PTO speed matches, as it's ahead of the main transmission. The instruction sheet that came with it said not to drive the tractor in 4th gear in OD, over half throttle. A couple of years ago, had the chance to open her up on a good piece of road, and see what top speed was. Had a buddy following me home with a digital speedometer, and told him what I was going to do, and stay with me. He clocked me at 25 mph, but only ran that fast for maybe 1/4 mile. The pucker factor kicked in, so I set her down a bit.

Here is a link to the Ford NH parts catalog, showing the transmission. Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors. bad thing is, it shows many parts as NA. I did keep the original input shaft and collar, for just in case.

/ Model number, Case sickle bar mower? #10  
And am sorry for the hijack jeffryi...