Mobile welding table

/ Mobile welding table #21  
i have a vise vice...seems addicting to say the least. I have a 2x4 foot 1/2'' top table I built. Had dog holes in 5/8" diameter put in it to use dog clamps for jig work ( I do very little). It's on wheels so I can move it around as I need. It's probably the most used piece in my "garage." It's heavy but still mobile. I've built my front bumper and am building my rear bumper and tire carrier at the moment on it. No problems. I also put some 1" bolts in the bottom and welded plates on the bottom of the 2 1/2" square tubing and tapped them so I can level the table out wherever it is. helpful but not the easiest thing to do.
Great looking table. I hope you get as much use out of yours as the rest of us have out of ours.

/ Mobile welding table
It’s nice to finally have a good stout work station where I can have all of my welding stuff stored. Almost tempted to build something just as an excuse to use it:laughing:

/ Mobile welding table #23  
It’s nice to finally have a good stout work station where I can have all of my welding stuff stored. Almost tempted to build something just as an excuse to use it:laughing:

No one here will stop you.

/ Mobile welding table #25  
"Do the ones in your link fit a regular 3 jaw drill chuck?"

Nope, sorry; those and the majority of annular cutters use the (for mag drills, anyway) "standard" Weldon chuck, 3/4" diameter with two flats/set screws - it's a more rigid mount, and deep annular cutters do NOT like side-loading - they tend to shatter with too much wobble. This
G&J Hall Tools 18Y17 Powerbor Weldon Chuck Adaptor, 1/2"-2 UN Thread Fitting, 3/4" Arbor, For All Electromagnetic Drilling Systems: Drill Press Accessories: Amazon.com: Home Improvement
is what the cutter shanks look like, the female of that is the norm for most mag drills.

Your loaner drill sounds like it has the (normally extra cost) 3-jaw chuck on it, might wanna ask if the Weldon mount is available for it if you're interested - maybe if the owner has that he'd be interested in gaining a cutter for the use of it. If there's TOO much "monkey-motion" involved tho, it might not be worth it to either of you :confused:

Sorry if I seem to be pushing spendy stuff, I just got hooked after trying too long to drill too big holes with hand drills - so far, my mag drill has its own "drilling station" I built, capable of drilling a 1-1/2" hole in a 2" square block of steel if I needed to. It'll also drill evenly spaced holes (has its own x-y table) over 12" distance per setup, drill exactly centered holes in square tube up to 3", and probably a dozen other things I've yet to dream up for it (including eventually building a line bore setup to re-bush parts of my backhoe) - at this time I've picked up cutters from 1/2" up to 1-1/2", including a few metrics; all in 2" depth of cut.

View attachment 573138View attachment 573139View attachment 573140View attachment 573141View attachment 573142View attachment 573143View attachment 573144View attachment 573145
mobile welder dallas ga
Did I mention I'm addicted??!? 😆...Steve
Hi, So welding on my wooden workbenches is becoming a bore. Yes I know lol, but hey it’s all I have at the moment. Looking around at fairly budget options it looks like there are two main ones that are punted on eBay amazon etc. One looks slightly better than the other (tilting function etc) But the other two options are, to keep eyes open for a better ‘proper’ used welding table or make one. I’ve been looking at used ones for a while now but nothing has come up that really sparks my interest. I’ve also seen people selling 6mm steel plates with holes and slots cut in. This appeals to the ability to use clamps easily. What are other people using and does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

/ Mobile welding table #26  
i have a vise vice...seems addicting to say the least. I have a 2x4 foot 1/2'' top table I built. Had dog holes in 5/8" diameter put in it to use dog clamps for jig work ( I do very little). It's on wheels so I can move it around as I need. It's probably the most used piece in my "garage." It's heavy but still mobile. I've built my front bumper and am building my rear bumper and tire carrier at the moment on it. No problems. I also put some 1" bolts in the bottom and welded plates on the bottom of the 2 1/2" square tubing and tapped them so I can level the table out wherever it is. helpful but not the easiest thing to do.
Great looking table.
Hi, So welding on my wooden workbenches is becoming a bore. Yes I know lol, but hey it’s all I have at the moment. Looking around at fairly budget options it looks like there are two main ones that are punted on eBay amazon etc. One looks slightly better than the other (tilting function etc) But the other two options are, to keep eyes open for a better ‘proper’ used welding table or make one. I’ve been looking at used ones for a while now but nothing has come up that really sparks my interest in Mobile Welding in Pompano Beach. I’ve also seen people selling 6mm steel plates with holes and slots cut in. This appeals to the ability to use clamps easily. What are other people using and does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Thanks
I wanted to check here to see if anyone knew any mobile welders that can weld aluminium, the mailbox at our company got backed into and the post broke at the base. So i am looking for someone to come out and weld it back together..

/ Mobile welding table #27  
If you'll be around this afternoon we will send a guy right over. Is 2:30 good for you?

/ Mobile welding table #28  
This is mainly for HJCtractor - Sorry I missed your question on the mag drill table - the following link should answer your question (earlier in this thread)

If not, let me know... Steve