Mobile diesel transfer tank

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I had a extra small trailer we really did not use, so I installed the transfer tank in it. I had thought about mounting it in the equipment trailer itself. But I figured that the real need was to have a tank at the house that could fill any of all 3 machines without having to drag them one at a time down to the fuel station. .and if I'm going somewhere with the. Aching on the trailer anyway, I can just pull in and top it off while its there. This set up will only make maybe 1 or 2 trips a year off the property to keep a fuel supply at the ready.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
   / Mobile diesel transfer tank #2  
That's a slick set up!

I have a similar tank. 110 gallons and here at least we can buy Red diesel that you don't pay road tax on. Saves a few bucks and keeps me from having to run to town all the time with jugs. I found 5 gallon fuel jugs to be the best way to get water and debris into your tanks.

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #3  
WOW, that is a great idea... I have been wrestling with this problem for 5 years. I am sick and tired of filling up 7, 5 gallon diesel cans every 3 months . This just might work for me. Thanks

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #4  
Nice.

I did something similar with an old, beat up trailer and a pair of aluminum hundred gallon saddle tanks off of big rigs.

260.jpg

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #5  
I have same setup, just be sure you have the tank locked down to the trailer so it can not move.

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #6  
I like the trailer setups.

Here's one on my JD Gator and one in the back of my pickup.

IMG_2781.JPG
IMG_8322.JPG

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #7  
I have my 100 gal tank mounted on a pallet , if I'm working away from home I just slide it on a trailer with my gas powered air compressor and go when I need to fill it up I just slip forks under it and set it in back of truck then when I get home I just lift it again and put it back beside my 300 gal tank.

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #8  
I had a extra small trailer we really did not use, so I installed the transfer tank in it. I had thought about mounting it in the equipment trailer itself. But I figured that the real need was to have a tank at the house that could fill any of all 3 machines without having to drag them one at a time down to the fuel station. .and if I'm going somewhere with the. Aching on the trailer anyway, I can just pull in and top it off while its there. This set up will only make maybe 1 or 2 trips a year off the property to keep a fuel supply at the ready.
I would think that you would want to move the tank to the rear of the trailer a bit from where it is now. That would put a bit too much tongue weight on it if it were filled at that extreme front of the trailer.

Of course you want to have a couple hundred pounds more weight in front of the axle than is at the rear but you certainly don't want all of your weight on the tongue either.

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank #9  
Here's some pictures of the one we built a few years back. Everything except the pump was junk we had laying around. The paint job is a little over kill for a fuel trailer, but we has some left over black chrome powder that needed a home.

DSC04220.JPG
Before blasting and paint.

DSC04517.JPG

DSC04522.JPG

/ Mobile diesel transfer tank
I took it down to fuel it up for the first time yesterday. i like the convince of having a fuel supply at home now. Had a couple people at the station ask me what it was, lol. At the moment I'm using a car jump box to power the pump when I need to move fuel. I think if I get a deep cell battery, it may still be dead when I need it and I would have to figure a way to mount it as well.