Mitsubishi S370D help

/ Mitsubishi S370D help #1  

Doghouse2.0

Tractor
Mitsubishi S370D
New to the forum. I’m hoping someone can help me. I bought a S370D 4x4. It’s not running. It is getting fuel, and puffing black smoke when turning over, it even catches a few time like it’s about to start(speeds up the slows back down turning over). I have purged the fuel system the best I know how, changed fuel filter and installed new lines. Any suggestions? I ordered new glow plugs. I’m gonna install those when I get them and try that. Also I’m not sure if I’m gonna need it, but I have a small pto tail shaft I’m assuming I’m gonna need a reverser but won’t know until I can get it running. But if I do, does anyone know where o can get one? I really appreciate it

/ Mitsubishi S370D help #2  
Mitsus are notorious for not starting in cold weather, specially the 2 cylinder models, I think the glow plugs is the answer.
How cold is it at your location?

/ Mitsubishi S370D help #3  
Be sure your air cleaner element is clean and you have a clear airway to the intake manifold.

/ Mitsubishi S370D help
Mitsus are notorious for not starting in cold weather, specially the 2 cylinder models, I think the glow plugs is the answer.
How cold is it at your location?
I’m in north Florida. It was pretty warm the day we were trying, huh I bought it from posted it wasn’t running. So I knew it going in. I thought it would be pretty basic system and I could run through it seeing as how I was once a mechanic by trade, but I must admit, I wasn’t a diesel mechanic and I’m kinda stumped. Lol
Be sure your air cleaner element is clean and you have a clear airway to the intake manifold.
yes sir, the air cleaner is new. Housing an element. It had a wix fuel filter aftermarket on it, I removed that and put what I think was the way it was factory. Line off tank to an inline filter mounted to what I think is the factory filter bracket then to the injector pump. All new lines.

/ Mitsubishi S370D help #5  
I don't know how warm is pretty warm - ninety degrees? Your glow plugs may or may not be good. You need to see if they're actually getting power. I believe you turn the ignition key counter clockwise to power them. They should see about ten volts. If they see nothing you may have a defective glow indicator on the dash. A frequent problem is corrosion on the terminals. It's a coil do nichrome wire and notorious for oxidation on the terminals. Your glow plugs could also be defective. They may be either open or short and it's hard to tell shorted from good as the resistance is normally only about half an ohm. I had a D2350. I suspect yours is similar. TractorData.com Satoh Beaver S370 tractor information

/ Mitsubishi S370D help #6  
The first thing to do in a not starting problem is to bleed the fuel system. Start at the tank & work to injector pump. Open bleed screws on filter & injector pump & close once fuel without bubbles comes out. It doesn't matter what the temperature is , it needs the glow plugs to work. The glow indicator should turn orange if they are working. If there is no voltage at the glow plugs the indicator/resister could be shot. If that all checks out ok, you could feel if they are warmer or remove them & ground them while activating the switch to see if they are working.

/ Mitsubishi S370D help
I don't know how warm is pretty warm - ninety degrees? Your glow plugs may or may not be good. You need to see if they're actually getting power. I believe you turn the ignition key counter clockwise to power them. They should see about ten volts. If they see nothing you may have a defective glow indicator on the dash. A frequent problem is corrosion on the terminals. It's a coil do nichrome wire and notorious for oxidation on the terminals. Your glow plugs could also be defective. They may be either open or short and it's hard to tell shorted from good as the resistance is normally only about half an ohm. I had a D2350. I suspect yours is similar. TractorData.com Satoh Beaver S370 tractor information
Thank you. It seems everything is pointing to glow plugs, so I ordered new ones. We shall see