Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad?

/ Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #11  
Basically everything you have a said there. I need something that can go up and down steep slopes to carry wall block and haul material. I also like all the attachments ( harley rake, trencher, auger ect.)
It seems like these are easy machines to use, and have quite the capacity for their size. I imaging that if you were on the thing all day just standing an moving material that would be become fatiguing, but if you need to do a lot of jumping on and off I imagine they are great.

Looking for general positives and negatives about them. I got myself into a pickle with the eighties Wheel Horse that Hydro units cannot be located. I'm afraid with these older machines I'm going to encounter the same thing. I understand that 371 is from the seventies and has mechanical Drive clutches Etc. What do I need to look at all these Boleo mini skid steer models or should I stay away from them. I'm just deathly afraid I'll end up with an expensive boat anchor.
I have been looking at some small or mini skid steers for use around my acreage mainly snow removal little dirt here and there I won't be making a living with it. I have come across a nice little Bobcat 371 and a couple case 1825 that seem to be reasonably priced. I have questions about the parts availability for these machines. I got myself into a pickle with the eighties Wheel Horse that Hydro units cannot be located. I'm afraid with these older machines I'm going to encounter the same thing. I understand that 371 is from the seventies and has mechanical Drive clutches Etc. What do I need to look at all these models or should I stay away from them. I'm just deathly afraid I'll end up with an expensive boat anchor.

/ Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #12  
   / Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #13  
Nephew runs a Ditch Witch SK600 with his stump business to clean up wood chips. It has its limitations but really speeds up progress on the job site for loading excess chips and leveling off after grinding. Part of the draw for that model was the price and it will fit through a backyard gate.

/ Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #14  
I've read the opinion elsewhere that mini skids that have a narrow width to fit through a backyard gate can be tipped if the operator isn't careful.

/ Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #15  
My dad bought a mini skid last year. It’s great for working in tight area’s obviously. It’s also great for work where you need to get on and off a bunch. It’s super easy to just step on and off. It’s strong. It will lift a literal ton which would take a tractor with a drastically bigger footprint to match. The biggest downside is it’s hard on the operator. I hate to run it over an hour or 2 because it’s so rough. It’s absolutely not a tool I’d want to work 8 hours straight.
IMG_5490.JPG

/ Mini-Skid Steers - Are they good or bad? #16  
I've read the opinion elsewhere that mini skids that have a narrow width to fit through a backyard gate can be tipped if the operator isn't careful.
All can be tipped if not careful. Most machines up to 1000 pound ROC are 36-42 inches wide. Above that they are closer to 46-48 wide. So all are narrow for rated capacity so are side tippy and have to be careful while climbing slopes because of their design they are rear heavy and will tip over backwards.