Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #11  
The only drawback that I have found with the thumb is that I wish it would retract a bit further against the stick. Sometimes it gets in the way with a large amount of material in the bucket at certain angles. It's not a major issue and its usefulness far outweighs that. I haven't looked at other similar class machines to see if they can retract further.

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #12  
I looked at the Takeuchi Machines. I checked out the 216, 225, and 230.
The 216 just seemed too small for me and not enough reach with a big counterweight. The 225 was sweet and had retractable tracks but also had a fairly large counterweight. I priced out the 225 in December of last year for 39,800 brand new with one bucket. The 230 is considerably more machine and has a humongous counterweight no retractable tracks and it was only a few thousand more.
They seemed like well put together machines but just felt like there was more play in the main house rotation area. Also a couple of the machines I went to look at brand new the dealer couldn’t get them to start.

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #13  
I'd get the Bobcat with a thumb. That's what I did (only bigger).

Tak is worth a look for sure if you have a local dealer.

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20
We'll I pulled the trigger on a Kubota KX-018-4R1, I was ready to buy the Bobcat E20, but their finance company "Sheffield" turned me down. So I looked at the Kubotas and their credit approved me. John Deere was $5K more expensive and I am not up to speed on Tak's. Slight wait for getting it shipped from one dealership to another and I am having the dealer install a thumb, as this model doesn't have that option, next one up does.
KX-18 Thumb.jpeg

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #15  
Great looking machine! I'm sure you are going to be very happy with it. Give us an update and some pictures once she comes in!!

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #16  
Nice I like the Kubota machine. Looks like that will have a decent tail swing for counter weight.

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20 #17  
Good choice. You’ll be very happy with it, I predict.

/ Mini Ex Comparsion - Deere 17G vs Bobcat E20
The dealer finally delivered, this might be the most useful piece of equipment I've purchased. I think every homeowner who has some acres to keep up or take care of, could use one of these, even if you bought one of the chinese ones (Groundhog is one), I'm amazed at what it can do. Dug up some invasive Russian Olive bushes that were over hanging over on my driveway and cleaned out the ditches.

IMG_0014.jpegIMG_0016.jpeg