Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw
Since some of see the need for battery powered stuff sometimes and have a open mind to learn.

Learned something the other night watching a fire rescue show. I didnt know they had light weight smaller battery powered demo saws.

Looking now in a search seems everyone has a version of their own.

Now I want one. 🤦😁🤣 But wont for my limited uses. I thought dang now that would be sweet to have on the roof cutting that 4" cast iron pipe. Heck might even be able to hold it sideways to do it.

My carbide cutter Diablo blades are in for my battery sawzall. But man dont hurt to want.

View attachment 860918
Ive seen those. They are handy looking. I bought a gas Stihl 420 several years ago to cut up some metal in a building I bought where I didn't think it was safe to use a torch. It's come in handy in several other places since then but doesn't get daily use anymore. It's always been an easy starter with that decompression valve.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #63  
Dang right it is!
Ya I forgot all about the batt jig saw she got me with like 4 other things to use with the batts. Router, scraper cutter, sander, impact etc etc.

Was using it to cut support 2x6 wood to mount up inside shop for the new 10K lumen LED security light outside shop.

Yep it was made in China too like everything else.

Nice to update from that light I put up 30 years ago on the pole beside barn.

lithmining.jpg

If any battery powered tool says 'Milwaukee' on it, we all know where it was made and last time I checked, there was no 'Milwaukee' in China. Said before and will say again, we need to start weaning ourselves off Chinese products... What happened to the Made in USA stuff? I can tell you, it's not made here today because people want cheap, not domestic made which is not cheap.

I'm guilty of that as well but at least I'm conscious of that fact and I don't have my head buried in the sand either.

We are in a sad state of affairs and all by our own making or should I say greed.
I'm very conscious of the fact. I'd like to see us only import egg rolls and fortune cookies from China. But, as you know, no US companies are making stuff we need here anymore. At least Stihl has some plants in the US and I like their products so I buy them even when other stuff is cheaper.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #65  
Fair statement and why I divorced myself from Stihl and went to Echo instead. Echo also has a manufacturing presence here in the USA and in Japan as well and I will say that I equate Japan with quality products whereas China, not so much.

As of late, Stihl has become overpriced hard goods.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #67  
My observation is Echo is not much less. Definately not woth the cost to switch to me.
It's not about switching at all, it's about purchasing a new saw. I went with Echo after I destroyed my 700 buck Stihl top handle arborist saw. I had to replace it and the CS Echo top handle was quite a bit less jack than another Stihl top handle so I went with Echo instead.

Typically Echo will cost you about 25% less than a comparable Stihl fyi.

Not about switching but about replacement only. Since then I bought another Echo to replace the MS Stihl I sold to a buddy. In that case a Timber Bear.

I do prefer the Echo in some respects, mainly, the crappy 1/4 turn fuel caps on the Stihl's that like to leak. Echo uses normal fuel and oil caps.

I'll leave it at that.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #68  
I like echo's new line and want to check out their batt 2511 saw too.

But like everyone else their stuff can be made in China too.

Yamabiko maintains production plants in Japan, China, United States.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #69  
I like echo's new line and want to check out their batt 2511 saw too.

But like everyone else their stuff can be made in China too.

Yamabiko maintains production plants in Japan, China, United States.

Not in my wheelhouse and never will be and you posting that is something I knew long ago. Echo makes a pretty complete line of battery powered stuff but again, I'm not interested and in reality, the only reason why Stihl and Husky and Echo produces them is to appease the green new energy crowd, of which I'm not a participant in and never will be. As with all that stuff, I just look at where the raw materials come from.

Fair statement and why I divorced myself from Stihl and went to Echo instead.
Maybe I'm being pickey but this sounded like you switched over. If you divorce you don't normally keep the old flame around. :LOL:

It's not about switching at all, it's about purchasing a new saw.