MFWD stopped working

/ MFWD stopped working #1  

TTerry

Tractor
LS P7040CPS
Read a thread here where a guys MFWD failure turned out to be a broken drive shaft. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

/ MFWD stopped working #2  
Start with simple and look under the tractor to see if anything obvious is broken. Then go next step of raising front tires off the ground and spinning them by hand. Do They turn smoothly or rough. Any clunking or erratic movement Would point towards gear or bearing failure in the drive train. If locked in front wheel assist and one front tire on the ground will the other one turn?

/ MFWD stopped working #3  
I don’t know for sure if you’re 7040 has a electric solenoid that engages your fwd but if it does that would be the first thing I’d check. See if it’s getting power when you throw the fwd switch, if it’s got power see if you can hear it click on and/or put your hand on it and you should feel it click on

/ MFWD stopped working
Finally got to inspect for physical damage per the 1st reply. Could not trace the wires. When I press the 4wd switch, the light on the dash indicates power through the switch, but I cannot hear any clicking. Where is the solenoid located? If it was a blown fuse, which I have not been able to locate, I assume the dash light would not illuminate. I was plowing and as I recall, the 4wd stopped working when I panic and hit the brakes to avoid hitting a stump. Strange, but is the solenoid connected to the brakes in anyway. Again, I could not trace any wires.
Thank you in advance for your response.