MF431 front spindle

/ MF431 front spindle
Have you tried posting a free "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse..?? There are a lot of salvage yards that sell parts through that site that don't show, or list there. Open this link https://www.tractorhouse.com/ then look far right top of page and open. You'll need to register, give contact info, describe part you're looking for along with the OEM part number. I've gotten quite a few hard to find parts this way.

I've had them contact me by phone in as little as an hour, or up to 36 hours later. I learned to give it the 36 hours as prices and shipping can differ a lot. But pretty sure they have a satisfaction guarantee on the parts. I've been well satisfied with what I've gotten. Only takes about 10 minutes to register and fill out the form. Sure better than playing phone tag.
Thanks for this posted on here. 👍

/ MF431 front spindle #13  
   / MF431 front spindle
What was the outcome

What was the outcome?
Long story short I got the part from a salvage yard. Machine shop said they couldn't fix to close to the threads.

I have been busy just getting to replacing. Realized oreillys sold me the bearings without the races so wasn't able to finish the job but spindle went in np after lots of lubricant. Calling around tomorrow to see if I can get the races and get her fired up hopefully. I've been itching to get her out again plus I have round bales to move. Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. Happy New year from the lone star state.

/ MF431 front spindle #16  
Long story short I got the part from a salvage yard. Machine shop said they couldn't fix to close to the threads.

I have been busy just getting to replacing. Realized oreillys sold me the bearings without the races so wasn't able to finish the job but spindle went in np after lots of lubricant. Calling around tomorrow to see if I can get the races and get her fired up hopefully. I've been itching to get her out again plus I have round bales to move. Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. Happy New year from the lone star state.
Sorry to say buy your local machine shop sucks.

Glad you were able to find a replacement though

/ MF431 front spindle
Sorry to say buy your local machine shop sucks.

Glad you were able to find a replacement though
I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to find one. A yard in Alabama contacted me. Southern tractor.

On the shop yeah I don't think they wanted the risk? They said if I could find one that was close in dimensions they could machine it for me to the exact size needed.

/ MF431 front spindle
Fired right up after sitting over a month. Keeping my fingers crossed no more problems.

Attachments

• 20230108_161239.jpg
    20230108_161239.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230108_161249.jpg
    20230108_161249.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 60
   / MF431 front spindle #19  
How did it work out? Just got off the phone with a seller in Ontario, Canada, who uses Kijiji to advertise. Found a working JD 920 for a lot less.

/ MF431 front spindle #20  
You would think being a 2005 this wouldn't be an issue. The bearings came apart and the hub wore out a section of the spindle where the front bearings go. I don't know if that could be successfully welded so that the bearings will roll smoothly over that area. I have tried google and all the yards that come up. I can check the one in PA. I even tried looking for a salvaged 431.I'm in TX. I've already spent considerable time calling yards etc. the ask agco yet is a resource worth checking out.