MF250 Hydraulic Problems

/ MF250 Hydraulic Problems
The relief valve is a preset self contained little unit, usually threaded into the lift pump somewhere. If you have external hydraulic remote valves there will be another relief in that unit as well, but that is for the auxiliary pump circuit, and has no effect on the three point.

Hi Harry, I bought a replacement in the hope that the relief valve was the problem, but cannot see a similar part in the chamber.

The service manual shows the relief valve in Fig.231 item 7.

My pump seems to match the illustration on Fig 237, which does not have the relief valve as shown in Fig. 231??? but does have the pump servo assembly that isn't in Fig 231. Does the servo act as a pressure relief valve?

I was working on the assumption that if I have flow, then the problem would be lack of pressure and I hoped that it was a failed pressure relief valve that might be the culprit. This means I might be heading down the wrong path.

I remember experiencing judder upon lifting, so am still wondering if a pump overhaul is required.

1683544443084.png

1683544419719.png

/ MF250 Hydraulic Problems #12  
If your pump looks more like fig. 231 then the tractor must be equipped with pressure control. That was an option, not all tractors came with it. If so, then yes the standard relief valve will not be in the mix.

Check your PM inbox.