MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #21  
I've often thought it would be cheaper to manufacture just one type of "thing" (tractor, etc.), than offering an upscale version and a stripped version with different parts, castings, etc. Common sense would say it would be less expensive to make ALL your models have SSQA, or the same hoods, fenders, etc.

Then it dawned on me that these tractors don't come off the same assembly line. They aren't even made in the same countries. Therefore, it doesn't matter that they're different and there'd be no savings from making them alike.

Isn't the 17xx E series also built by Iseki in Japan?

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #22  
Yes the 1739E is built by Iseki. Just sayin buy premium pay premium. These. tractors will have all the power you will ever need compare apples to apples and decide how much money you have to spend- Want to spend- That will let you know which model that you are looking forward to purchasing. Again good luck with your choice. If you are located close to central Indiana stop by and I will show you what the 1739E can do .

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #23  
Isn't the 17xx E series also built by Iseki in Japan?
If it is, then my statement/question still stands.

How can it be cheaper to manufacture two completely different machines than to simply build one?

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #25  
I am in the process of upgrading my'53 TO-30...it came down to the 1742 or the 1739...I went with the 1739..I primarily use a tractor to bushhog..I think the quick detach FEL will come in handy at some point.but I couldn't see spending the extra $ on a premium model.. for my needs...basic works for me..

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #26  
Old thread but had to chime in. Hope you got what you wanted. I got the 1739e in April 2020. It's done all i've asked, from working the box blade to level an area for our new loafing shed to blading a 1/4 mile drive with new rock. Always comes down to what your needs are. Either way you'll sometimes want more. I've been searching for front end snow blowers for a few days now. Nice to see the quick attach front options really grow over the last yrs...

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #27  
Anyone here have or use the Pronovost p680 front blower? Looks like Nice model. Maybe l should move this to a new thread. lol

/ MF1739E versus 1742 help with decision #28  
The loader specs and ssqa are reason enough to go with the 1742, rear remote absolutely. You should consider the 2604h for the price you are paying. A lot more tractor for about the same $$. Best of luck to you.