Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues
The filter was never mentioned in training school. I had to figure it out on my own. These tractors had me pulling my hair out until I figured it out. Now, I educate the customers who buy them to keep it changed and use the carquest 86006 filter.

If you wait 400 hours to change that tiny fuel filter, something is going to go wrong. $1000 in the minimum. Sorry that the manual doesn't say that.

Happy farming! I do a 2 acre okra patch every year with my 1734e. I love the little tractor.

After the car quest PN, and having ordered several, I plan on changing it with each oil change. Might be way overkill, but a $3 part that can prevent a huge repair bill is quite worth the effort IMO.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #32  
Are there any other Massey models out there with this filter that others would not be aware of?

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #33  
I’m curious about the 1740m. I’m going to check mine tomorrow.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #34  
The filter was never mentioned in training school. I had to figure it out on my own. These tractors had me pulling my hair out until I figured it out. Now, I educate the customers who buy them to keep it changed and use the carquest 86006 filter.

If you wait 400 hours to change that tiny fuel filter, something is going to go wrong. $1000 in the minimum. Sorry that the manual doesn't say that.

Happy farming! I do a 2 acre okra patch every year with my 1734e. I love the little tractor.

Been under mine a few times and didn't notice a filter. Do you have a picture you can post?

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #35  
Are there any other Massey models out there with this filter that others would not be aware of?
Just the 1726e, 1734e, 1739e.

The 1726e doesn't have fancy equipment to fail like the other two mentioned above.

Soon to come out is the 1735e and 1740e. They may or may not have this filter. I have not laid eyes on one yet.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #36  
Just the 1726e, 1734e, 1739e.

The 1726e doesn't have fancy equipment to fail like the other two mentioned above.

Soon to come out is the 1735e and 1740e. They may or may not have this filter. I have not laid eyes on one yet.

Thanks!

Latest update since getting the tractor back this time.

DPF is working like it is supposed to for the first time since I bought the tractor. It cycles about every 4 hours of use, takes about 15 - 20 minutes to cycle, and completes the cycle. Quite certain it was a problem from the factory on mine, and very likely an issue with their choice of filters under the tractor. It was a complete rebuild of the DPF system. I am very careful not to run out of fuel, and now have a stockpile of filters to change at every oil change.

Now hoping to have a long run of tractoring before any more intense service needs. Like I said before, I really like the tractor, I like the power it has, the way it handles, and the work it can do

Been under mine a few times and didn't notice a filter. Do you have a picture you can post?

I believe it is contained under a cover. If you follow the fuel line from the tank, it should go into and out of a covered area. I have not seen it myself, but that is what I was told about it.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #39  
Mechanic replaced a screen, some sensors and filters under the engine. Still only getting less than 10 hours before it hobbles itself.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #40  
This is what happens with this Massey filter. The top filter is normal maintenance. The middle filter is from someone who doesn't maintain their equipment. The one at the bottom is the one I use. Haven't had any problems since I've been using the bottom filter. It allows the upper filter to do it's job somewhat. This is the trouble.

I have told them to fix it. They have a lot of beaurocratic hoops to jump through before they can just change something though.
View attachment 637982
I have the 1739E. Acting strange. Like it’s running out of fuel. This started after I changed the fuel filter recommended.
I noticed the manual shows a 1 line diagram that has a pre filter.
anyone know of this?