McCormick x10.40 issues

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #1  

IloveJesus

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mccormick 40 hp, Jinma 284
Hi. I have issues with my hydraulics.
The bucket dump is going down slowly and when I push the joystick all the way (it has a two stage valve: slow and fast), then the bucket rollbacks. It just started doing this.
No other functions are affected.
I had the cylinders resealed, did not fix the issue.
If I switch the hoses the the roll back becomes slow and the dump is fine.

Any suggestions?

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #2  
Are you saying the way that it was, first notch of dump would dump the loader....but the second detent pushing to the right would make it raise?

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #3  
Hi. I have issues with my hydraulics.
The bucket dump is going down slowly and when I push the joystick all the way (it has a two stage valve: slow and fast), then the bucket rollbacks. It just started doing this.
No other functions are affected.
I had the cylinders resealed, did not fix the issue.
If I switch the hoses the the roll back becomes slow and the dump is fine.

Any suggestions?

I would suspect the control valve. Either internal damage or debris? Something loose or disconnected in the linkage?

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #4  
I would suspect the control valve. Either internal damage or debris? Something loose or disconnected in the linkage?
Awaiting more info from the OP.....but I dont immediately suspect the valve.
Swapping hoses swapped the problem. So problem seems downstream of the valve.

But sounds to me like the hoses were backwards at first. Because pushing right to dump.....its probably regen first notch. Then pushing past it making the loader curl back.....sounds like backwards hoses. Because regen will ALWAYS dump no matter if the hoses are backwards.

Guessing the "slow" function may be a bad hose (inner lining maybe coming apart or a pinched line) or it could be a faulty coupling restricting flow or even an unseated coupling

/ McCormick x10.40 issues
Are you saying the way that it was, first notch of dump would dump the loader....but the second detent pushing to the right would make it raise?
So what is a happening is that all of a sudden this started, the hoses are not mixed up. (Bought the tractor new 10 years ago, never switched the hoses).
The valve has a dumping action and a Regen action, so 2 stages, push part way the bucket slowly dumps and push it all the way (Regen) the bucket quickly dumps.
What is happening now is that when the lever is pushed all the way to the right the bucket suddenly rolls back.

A member of this forum mentioned checking the spool, which I have yet to do.

Awaiting more info from the OP.....but I dont immediately suspect the valve.
Swapping hoses swapped the problem. So problem seems downstream of the valve.

But sounds to me like the hoses were backwards at first. Because pushing right to dump.....its probably regen first notch. Then pushing past it making the loader curl back.....sounds like backwards hoses. Because regen will ALWAYS dump no matter if the hoses are backwards.

Guessing the "slow" function may be a bad hose (inner lining maybe coming apart or a pinched line) or it could be a faulty coupling restricting flow or even an unseated coupling
I will check the hoses, but the coupler was replaced.

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #7  
Regen pressurizes BOTH hoses if that helps you understand what you are dealing with.

If BOTH hoses get pressure....the rod/cylinder will ALWAYS extend....NO EXCEPTIONS. The fact that yours is not and is retracting is telling me that it isnt pressurizing both lines. only the rod port line.

Take the curl hoses off at the cylinder. Put them in a clean bucket. Operate the valve and see what flows where

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #8  
Oh, and have you tried swapping with the lift ports.
IF curl becomes fine and the problem goes to the lift....the issues is obviously the valve. But if the problem stays with curl.....then the valve is clearly fine

/ McCormick x10.40 issues #9  
Could the joystick itself have issues? Are there any stretched or worn cables or assemblies?

Oh, and have you tried swapping with the lift ports.
IF curl becomes fine and the problem goes to the lift....the issues is obviously the valve. But if the problem stays with curl.....then the valve is clearly fine
Sorry for the late reply, I honestly have not gotten on this forum for a while, been pretty busy. I will try swapping for the bucket and see what happens. But now there is another problem, that needs to be addressed as well. I have oil coming out of the dipstick even when the tractor has been parked for a long time. There is also foaming coming out at times when the tractor is in use.