McCormick CT50U

/ McCormick CT50U #1  

Tractor Shopper

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 Mccormick CT50U
Hello everyone,

I'm very close to putting a down payment on a new McCormick Ct50u. Any thoughts, experiences, ideas or Videos on this machines before I pull the trigger would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

/ McCormick CT50U #2  
Hello everyone,

I'm very close to putting a down payment on a new McCormick Ct50u. Any thoughts, experiences, ideas or Videos on this machines before I pull the trigger would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I believe that is the same tractor(mechanically) as the Montana U4384. I was at the MCcormack dealer the other day and he told me the 50u and the 55u have the same engine,he said the 55 was just tweaked a little more he said both had the Mitsubishi 153 cu in engine. I was surprised to hear this I thought the u50 had the 141 engine. At a little over 4200 lbs with out the loader this is a nice heavy tractor. I have also been looking at one,the $26000.00 price I believe is a little high. The Warranty at 2 years is a little low but the 72 month 0% rate is good. You are getting 2 remotes and other features not standard on other tractors. This tractor is made by LS,parts should not be a problem. I just wonder how long before LS pulls the carpet out from under McCormick like they did with Montana.

/ McCormick CT50U
The one I was looking at was around 30k, but that is a Canadian price, i assume yours is US. I thought it was pretty good though, Factory cab so A/C heat and cd player as well as a FEL.

/ McCormick CT50U #4  
I love my CT55U. I was going to get the CT65 but desided although it was a few HP more I did not think it was worth the extra. This, as well as our other pieces of equipment work their tails off. They are well maintained but not babied by any means and to date I have had zero problems. The 4 & 4 +creeper ranges will give you a great assortment of speeds. The Mits. L4 engine has been great, although checknig the oil is a pain- the dipstick is stuck behind the loader arm...go figure!
I loaded the rears with Rim Guard (beet juice) and have now problem. The McCormicks at least have the two remotes with seperate controls built in so you do not have to worry about plumbing them. I ran a third remote out to the loader cross bar so I can plug my grapple in, or any other thing I want to.
Go for it!!!

/ McCormick CT50U #5  
mine was just dropped off yesterday.Nice looking tractor.Koopster how did you plumb for grapple.Grapple is my next item

/ McCormick CT50U #6  
I had some hoses made to run the length of the tractor and outfitted the rear end of the hoses with 90degree elbows so I can plug them into the top row of remotes in the back, allowing the front valve to operate the lines. THe hoses are run along the chassis, over the tranny to prevent snagging, and up the left side of the loader, along the arms, to the front cross brace. I put the hoses into the same protective sleeve the factory hoses are, and picked up a couple of hose mounts to tack to the loader, to hold them in place. Keeps everything clean and looking like OEM installation. I also split those hoses at the fuel tank level so I can remove the loader, if needed.
The hose ends up front are mounted into a holding bracket to allow for one handed coupling. I was going to add a third remote but figured I did not need one because everything I do can be easily controlled by the two factory remotes in the rear or by mounting up front. We have a 6000 Mahindra and a 706 IH with quick hitch FELs also, so there are plenty of remotes to put the equipment on. I use a WildKat 60" grapple, as well as a smaller stump/rock grapple with the CT55 and love it.
The green remote handles (like yours) are center return but a bungy holds it back nicely to keep the flow going if I want to hook the splitter to the front of the CT55.

http://www.wildkatattachments.com/stump_grapple.htm

http://www.wildkatattachments.com/root_grapples.htm

http://www.wildkatattachments.com/pallet_forks.htm

http://www.wildkatattachments.com/three_point_hitch.htm

I will post a couple of photos this weekend. I also made some nice brackets on my milling machine to hold lights out past the front blinkers so I can see! The front brace of the FEL loves to block the headlights at working height. You have a cab so you have room for lights up top. I opted out of lights for this one as I am in the woods continually.

Last edited:
   / McCormick CT50U #7  
I have a ct50u that is only about 5 years old and have been having problems with it for about 2 years now.just split the tractor in half today to fix oil leak. found out that bolts in the rear block plate had all came loose and caused the problem.i guess mccormick didn't want to spring for loktite. I had Kubota before this tractor and wish I had stuck with them. just bought a Kubota zero turn. will never buy another new mccormick tractor. the older ones were good.