Buying Advice Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #12  
For small farms, it is true that [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]kubota[/AFFILIATE] is good, but for larger farms, I would not buy it unless for transport

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #14  
I hear good things about Mahindra, and I hear bad things about Mahindra. More than any other brand, I would make sure that I had a darned good dealer. You also might get more feedback from the posters here who have the particular tractor you are considering.
That's why I bought a Kubota... I needed something quickly and knew that they've only made one bad model.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #15  
I would look at ALL BRANDS before you make a decision ..
I will second that thought, i love my Mahindra 5145 and would buy another, but it is the best tractor for me not necessarily you. Mahindra is a good brand IMO and built like a tank.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #16  
Not that you asked, and I have no idea what the 10 acre plot needs, but I'm imagining a heavily wooded property. With that, I think most compact tractors will be pretty much useless. If that's the case, would avoid selling right away, have the lot cleared by a pro, then evaluate what you need to do. You may even decide to do it yourself and buy an old industrial backhoe and sell it afterward. Lots of options.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #17  
We got two fairly new dealers in the town closest to me. An LS dealer and a Mahindra dealer.

All the plow contractors and landscape businesses bought them because they were cheaper. I saw lots of broken front axles and other issues. They all run [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] and Deere now for what it's worth.

I'd have to have an LS or Mahindra GIVEN to me to try for a thousand hours or so before I got the confidence to buy one.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #18  
I have several friends with Mahindras. Machines are good. Parts availability was a problem

Andy

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #19  
all the plow contractors and landscape businesses bought them
Yet this is the difference. Those tractors do more in a year than most of us will use them in 20. The private owner is also much less likely to abuse them.

/ Maybe going from Kubota to Mahindra. #20  
I have had two Mahindra tractors in my business. They got used hard with no issues. I would not get all hyped on how much they can lift though. Just because it can does not mean it should. You need major rear ballast to get the loader to max lift. I think customer service is probably better with [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] as I have a couple of svl machines and they have been great also. If you love your [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] why would you chance it and change?