Max26XL Hydraulics

/ Max26XL Hydraulics #21  
Oops. Not a wild ass guess. Harry in KY said there’d be plugs in thread 14. The screen shot I posted is from my Mahindra loader manual.

/ Max26XL Hydraulics
Backing off the relief valve probably lets whatever the pump puts out flow directly to sump, building little or no pressure. No squeal, but no work being done either.

You screwed up when you removed the loader valve and didn't get the plumbing right. You need to revisit the "block" and the three plugs. The answer is in there.
Gotcha, but what am I looking for? If I'm not using the FEL and the 3 Point is not operating, will I cause additional problems with the transmission by leaving the pressure relief where it is?

/ Max26XL Hydraulics
Not sure what backing off the top relief valve plug would do as the adjustment of the relief is set by shim thickness if it’s the same as mine and with no load the valve should be closed.
Just a wild ass guess on my part, but it sounds like the relief valve is open so there’s no pressure to 3 ph. Wonder if it’s because when the loader is installed they put a plug into one of the ports, and now there’s no hose connected but the plug might still be there.
Thanks, I'll take a look for a plug.

/ Max26XL Hydraulics #24  
When you had your loader hooked up one of the three lines was the pressure side that took the hydraulic flow from your pump, through the relief valve, and sent it to the loader valve. One of the lines was the power beyond that took pressurized fluid from the loader valve to the three point system. One was unpressurized return to tank.

You have managed to dead head the system by blocking the flow from the pump to the three point when you took your loader valve out of the circuit. I don't know how exactly your hydraulic distribution block is supposed to be configured with the loader removed but you have to restore the pressurized loop to the three point. Those ports in that block have to be connected whether it is some way you configure it to do so internally or you run for lack of a better word a jumper hose to connect the two ports you plugged you have to restore the loop or you will continue to damage your system.

/ Max26XL Hydraulics #25  
Hope this Helps, this is with loader and backhoe hooked up, the first photo, has a flex line coming out of the bottom, goes to the back drive side of the tractor, and is in the 3rd photo, which has friction tape wrapped around it on the right side. the 2 lines going to the back are tied into the loader valve.

Attachments

• 20230426_152417.jpg
    20230426_152417.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230426_152635.jpg
    20230426_152635.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230426_152651.jpg
    20230426_152651.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
   / Max26XL Hydraulics #26  
found another photo with the backhoe removed.

Attachments

• 20210804_140430.jpg
    20210804_140430.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
   / Max26XL Hydraulics #27  
if you look in this photo, only 2 lines need to be connected, one is completely disconnected when the backhoe is not in use, which i believe is a return to the tank (top with red cover on it), this goes to the loader valve.

Attachments

• 20210804_140336.jpg
    20210804_140336.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
   / Max26XL Hydraulics #28  
Your diagram looks very similar to what I have for the Max 26XL. I seem to have fluid flow through the system, but I will pull those plugs for inspection. Thanks.
would you be willing to share the service pdf for your max 26?

/ Max26XL Hydraulics #29  
based on the photo's you need this return opened, haven't really traced the loader line going to it though, if i get that service manual maybe i can be persuaded

Attachments

• chrome_HqDslTsoCe.png
    chrome_HqDslTsoCe.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
   / Max26XL Hydraulics #30  
based on my COMPLETE GUESS. you need to loop p and N or p and t, or the pipe plug mentioned in post 20# may need to be removed.

Attachments

• Acrobat_UigYtKEVIX.png
    Acrobat_UigYtKEVIX.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 45