Buying Advice Max 28

/ Max 28 #1  

Dusty24

Tractor
John deere
Well I visited all three major dealers around my area today John deere, kubota, and mahrindra and have pretty much decided on the max 28 versus the kubota b2620 and the jd2520. Does anyone out there having any issues with the max28. Mainly I will be using it for the FEl ,backhoe, tiller and possibly a snowblower and brush hog later on. Any feedback is appreciated. This is my first new purchase of tractor but have bought many used. Thank you for all responses.

/ Max 28 #2  
I have bought the max 25 next step down tractor loader bhoe mower box blade and tiller.
So far at 35 hours less than 2 months old not having a tool box and smaller loader bucket is only real things i am can't say upset but suprised they are that way both easy fixes. Otherwise very happy with the setup

/ Max 28 #3  
I have a Max25 with FEL, MMM and Bhoe. I bought it earlier this year and have about 70 hrs on it. Other than an initial build issue (fixed by dealer under warranty) I have not regretted it at all.

About the only add-on I have bought is some pallet forks. I built my own custom carrier for small stuff.

I will recommend that you make sure you have clevis pins in the turnbuckles and take the time to paint them a day-glow color. They can easily get lost if you don't have a 3PH stuff mounted. :thumbdown:

/ Max 28 #4  
I own a max28 shuttle shift. I have the fel and the backhoe and both are sized right for the tractor. Tractor is strong and will pull any hill I have driven up- some so steep it scared me. I chose the manual tranny for two reasons, my other tractor is 60+ years old and still going, and I wanted more power at the PTO. Small enough to drive under low hanging trees unlike other larger tractors.
Good strong little tractor, does everything that I ask for its size.

I will add that I did not get the Mid mount Mower, I live off a dirt road and there are ditches pulled on both sides. I went with a rear finish mower so I could ' back into those hard to reach area's. Also it is easy to ' reach into the edge of the woods.

Could not give any input on the hydro- didn't purchase one of those.

/ Max 28 #5  
I have a Max 28 HST. I haven't used it too much yet. I have the FEL, no mid mount pto, A five foot Kodiak tiller, box blade, Land Pride 5' finish mower, and a hipper. It has handled the tiller with no problem in virgin clay soil. I have very limited use on the box blade and mower so I can't say much about them. I have had no problems with the tractor yet but my hours are minimal.

/ Max 28 #6  
I bought a Max 22 TLB last fall, strong unit no problems. Tried the orange brand, nice tractor but lacks the robust design and strength of the Mahindra. I believe Mahindra gives you more tractor for the same money.

/ Max 28 #7  
Congrats on your Deere purchase!! I know that you did your research and picked what you wanted, you couldn't go wrong with any of your choices. I know it is tough decision- I remember when I bought mine!!! Hope she gives you years of trouble-free service. Its all we can do, cause we bought new and these tractors have yet to prove themselves over time.... I have my fingers crossed that mine will go 30 years without a major mishap.

/ Max 28 #8  
I feel you made a great choice. I did the same and compared all three. Except for the minor 1" less clearance to the Kubota, this machine beats all the specs of the others. I have the MAX 28XL shuttle version, only because my wife was going to be using the mower... and I wanted it to be easy for her to drive... shuttle works great. The only thing I have yet to figure out, why no cup holder? :) I will be working with a plastic manufacturer (Friend) and come up with some ideas and send to Mahindra, maybe in 2015 we'll have cup holders and tunes. Anyone know where to get some Mahindra hats and jackets?

/ Max 28 #9  
The only thing I have yet to figure out, why no cup holder? :) I will be working with a plastic manufacturer (Friend) and come up with some ideas and send to Mahindra, maybe in 2015 we'll have cup holders and tunes. Anyone know where to get some Mahindra hats and jackets?

Well this is what I came up with for a cup/accessory holder. I know cheesy, but it works.

As for the hat Mahindra ships one several months after you buy the tractor. Jackets I don't know about.

/ Max 28 #10  
I feel you made a great choice. I did the same and compared all three. Except for the minor 1" less clearance to the Kubota, this machine beats all the specs of the others. I have the MAX 28XL shuttle version, only because my wife was going to be using the mower... and I wanted it to be easy for her to drive... shuttle works great. The only thing I have yet to figure out, why no cup holder? :) I will be working with a plastic manufacturer (Friend) and come up with some ideas and send to Mahindra, maybe in 2015 we'll have cup holders and tunes. Anyone know where to get some Mahindra hats and jackets?

Mahindra Merchandise