Tractor Sizing Max 26 xlt

/ Max 26 xlt #11  
Is there really a difference in that other than I suppose you could rest your foot across the treadle and pivot rather move from forward pedal to reverse pedal? It essentially functions the same right? It's just that the old pedal pivot point is under the floor board.

Now that I have a 26 XLT - you cannot operate the new treadle in the way you describe. Unless you have a HUGE boot. The front and rear pedal positions are in exactly the same place as the old ones (the old holes are now filled with stops). basically they just moved the entire assembly to the top of the floorboard instead of below.

I'm still kind of baffled as to how you are supposed to operate the directional pedals and the L or R brake pedal at the same time other than an awkward side saddle approach.

this one, at least, is easy: you dont. :) using the turn brake only works in combination with the speed lock (the lever next to the brake lock). Not useful for short run stuff, more for long passes. Not really different in a gear tractor - you set your engine speed and your gear and have a fixed operating speed. THEN you use the turn brake.

/ Max 26 xlt #12  
I have used the left or right brake pedals on our old Farmall M many times and especially with the narrow front end they can be very effective. I just haven't found a need for the separate brake pedals yet on the Max. The only time I use the speed lock is when traveling up the road so that braking option hasn't been utilized. I guess I just haven't been confronted with the right task yet.